• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Witcher Netflix Series

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
1u3qp3682t1y.png

So yeah since Game of Thrones is nearing it's end and we'll be needing a new fantasy series full of deep lore, great characters, violence and boobies and it seems like that new series is gonna be The Witcher.

http://nichegamer.com/2017/05/17/ne...d-on-the-witcher-author-sapkowski-to-oversee/

Now sadly this series is going to be more faithful to the novels written by that douche bag author rather than the awesome games by CD Projekt RED, however the director of the Game's awesome opening cinematics will be attached to the project and he's promised to deliver plenty for fans of the games.

They better realize that the majority of the audience for this series will be fans of the games so they'll have to cater to the gamers in some manner.

I for one am really looking forward to this, I just hope they don't screw it up.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Now sadly this series is going to be more faithful to the novels written by that douche bag author rather than the awesome games by CD Projekt RED

How is that a bad thing? As obnoxious as Sapkowski is, his books are very good, even better written than the games (duh, I know), and that's saying something.
Also, I personally wouldn't have liked it if they had chosen to use the games as base for the series. Witcher 3 was supposed to be the end of Geralt's story, Blood and Wine's ending remarks it beautifully and it wouldn't feel right to me to touch the games again, even just for inspiration. It would cheapen W3's purpose as I see it.

Rather, I'm surprised not to see you talk about how you think Netflix is gonna ruin the series by "catering to SJWs" and "making Geralt black", as I've seen some people say for some reason I don't know (I don't watch Netflix).

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Not really asking for the series to adapt the game's story into the series as they are going to be more faithful to the novels so it's gonna be set before the games which I'm fine with.
The issue I had was with Sapkowski being a main consultant on the series after his attitude towards the games and his delusion that the games had nothing to do with making the Witcher into what it is now, therefor could result in the series having nothing for fans of the games.

What I want for the series is plenty for the game fans to enjoy.
For example: Geralt could be waiting with a friend for someone else to show up and they could sit and play Gwent.

But given the recent news that Platige Image will be making it along with the director of the game's cinematics, I'm fully on board now.

As for the whole SJW thing, I was never worried for the Witcher series to be infected with their crap because Platige Image, the director and Sapkowski are all from Poland, so is the Witcher as a whole and Poland has a firm "F**K Multiculturalism" stance so I don't have to worry about them forcing in any of that crap to win SJW points.

Top Bottom