• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Visit

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You lost me at found footage, and lost me even more with M. Night Shymalan. Two big reasons to avoid this movie.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
This movie feels like The Devil, Signs and The sixth Sense put into one.
Personally, I think that the "found footage" technique actually works in this movie's favor.

Much like it did with "As Above, So Below."

It barely worked for Chronicle btw. I thought it was stupid when the guy telepathically lifted the camera to go behind his shoulder. If he was just going to end up doing that, then why not shoot the movie normally then?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Did you know that that's actually a thing in certain countries?
BS. And if so, that doesn't stop it from being stupid.

Personally, I think that the "found footage" technique actually works in this movie's favor.

Much like it did with "As Above, So Below."

It barely worked for Chronicle btw. I thought it was stupid when the guy telepathically lifted the camera to go behind his shoulder. If he was just going to end up doing that, then why not shoot the movie normally then?
As Above, So Below was garbage.

Chronicle was actually surprisingly good. Chronicle was originally supposed so be filmed normally and have a lot more in it, but their budget was constricting so they made due with the found footage thing. I'm glad they worked in the telekenesis to steady the cam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Xin

Gotta be honest, some scenes seems pretty silly, but there is potential in it.

I personally love The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable, and The Sign still got some creepy good idea.

As for The Happening......

I know it's overused, but I had to do it.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I think found footage can be an okay way to style a horror movie, Blair witch project (I think that was it) comes to mind. The problem is that the style is more over saturated than a cake made of solid fat covered in butter.

Top Bottom