• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The sword....

Pride

i just realised by watching the trailer like the hundreth time that Dante is not carrying his father's sword (forgive me i only played DMC3) he has rebellion... look closely when he stands up after killing the high priest... he's carrying rebellion... not Sparda's sword... anyone found out the same thing? or maybe i'm just plain wrong. ;)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Except from DMC1 who Dante probably took the mission reaaally seriously after hearing that Mundus was involved Dante always had the Rebellion as his starting/standard weapon along with Ebony&Ivory in the DMC games:huh:
What's so weird about it?

Mobfigurz

I think he means its weird because of the Significance of Force Edge, and the fact that he had obatined it DMC1 and 3. But more over, he took it from Vergil in DMC3, so maybe the fella up top believes Dante should be weilding it in DMC4.

DMC3, DMC1, DMC4, DMC2.....And I myself wonder why Dante doesnt seem to use Force Edge, possibly because its more at risk of being stolen while its on his person, or could it be that the Order has it already and that is what he seeks to be returned to him.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well I think Dante just beings himself and uses his favourite weapon, Rebellion, it's like one of his trademarks, Ebony&Ivory, red trenchcoat etc...
In DMC1 he was about to face the most powerful demon so he took it really seriously.
Or Force Edge remained Sparda and continued to be held by Trish which isn't so unlikely:)

justice

dante is a rebel, rebellion just fits his personallity more than the other swords. and i can imagine that force egde would remain in the sparda form, and as a starting sword i think sparda would be a bit too powerful.

Mobfigurz

Well, once the Amulets are taken from the Sparda sword the sword would revert to Force Egde.

Who knows if Dante still has both Amulets after DMC1, we know they were merged with Force Edge before Dante faced Mundus and it unleashed Dante's true Demon form.
I mean there are many things that the order could have that Dante wants returned, one of the Amulets, Force Edge, his Guitar or his Motorbike ;)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Not really. In DMC1 when Trish "died" Dante left her the Perfect Amulet and the Sparda seperatedly:p
There's no reason to merge them, just use them for the ritual;)

Mobfigurz

Thats funny, cos I remember the Amulets Merging with each other and then with Force Edge to create the Sparda Sword and Dante's true Demon form.

After that the Sword remained as Sparda and the Amulets stayed joined as you said.
Is Trish still carrying the Sword and the Amulets?

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Pride;19416 said:
i just realised by watching the trailer like the hundreth time that Dante is not carrying his father's sword (forgive me i only played DMC3) he has rebellion... look closely when he stands up after killing the high priest... he's carrying rebellion... not Sparda's sword... anyone found out the same thing? or maybe i'm just plain wrong. ;)

the storyline is a little dizzy..........but i found it for a while year..........its a little odd that those persons say that DMC3 is the beginning and then comes the DMC1

Top Bottom