• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Super Hack'n'Slash Video Game Duel

Who would win? Think real hard.

• Dante, Nero or Vergil (Devil May Cry)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Kratos (God of War)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • The Prince (Prince of Persia)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bayonetta (Bayonetta)

• Samanosuke or Ken (Onimusha: Correct me if I'm wrong on Spelling)

• War (Darksiders)

• Afro (Afro Samurai)

• The Apprentice (Star Wars: Force Unleashed)

• Other (Any game I haven't listed that is Hack'n'Slash)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Out of every hack and slash game that's out there, who would win the ultimate Battle Royal? I'm not sure if I missed anyone or not, so if I did, just click the other option on the poll and post who it is below.

Everyone knows what all three of our Demon Slayers from DMC are special for.

Kratos is like God-Slayer...so he's evenly matched IMHO

Ryu is a Ninja...everyone likes ninjas

The Prince is a time controlling, BA monster killing freak.

Bayonetta is gun carrying, Angel killing, witch.

Samonosuke and Ken are both demon slaying samurai from Capcom's other great hack'n'slash

War is one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Afro is pure amazing, hunting down the number one warrior, which in essence, is a God.

The Apprentice from Force Unleashed...He's a Jedi. C'mon, nuff said.

And then anyone else that I missed. Please post them down and vote other XD.

In my honest opinion...Kratos would win. And I mean in my honest opinion too, because he's already died, and all he does is climb right back out of Hades/Hell...and his fighting is ruthless. I bet he could hold his own against even Dante.

Meg

OOOOO! Good topic.

It comes down to Kratos and Dante. I really don't know who would win though. i mean kratos defeats gods, but dante defeated mundas. Although i do have a soft spot of samonosuke. the first onimusha remains one of my favorite ps2 games. I think I'll vote for dante. :wub:Hmm....how about putting all of them into one room and saying "fight?"

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I chose Ryu. There is NO WAY he's human, but he IS! He basically goes up to demons and gives them the finger, just to show he can. Badass!

aka958

Don't trust people
Kratos would win because he is a GOD slayer, he kills GODS not just a tyrant/great demon but friggin' GODS! I mean, I hate the god of war series but who would win? Sorry, DMC characters, sorry Prince, sorry Ryu but we have someone that kills gods, your no match for him, not even together.

Prince controls time (it's awesome!) but it is limited in just a few uses and in time (lulz, time...) his sands of time (time again...) will run out.

Ryu is a true warrior and he is extremely awesome, but he doesn't go around killing gods as his bussiness.

Nero? He's already dead...
Dante? No, just no... I mean, he went to hell and he has killed a few extremely strong demons and gods wanna be's but not like Kratos.
Vergil? Dante defeated him, several times, nuff' said.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
i will go for Dante.

If he uses Sparda sword it would be a fight that everyone will want to see if kratos uses the Blade of Olimpus

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Who nose...who nose![Lame joke.]Seriously thought...I can tell who WOULDN'T WIN : Jin and Mugen from Samurai Schamploo : Sidetracked[even though it wasn't great as a Hack'n'slash,it was a great SSchamploo game](JP version had "black background slashing kills").

And you haven't listed Jack from Madworld.Another guy who wouldn't win.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I didn't consider Mad World a Hack'n'Slash...although that's all you do in that game.

Mad World was an over-the-shoulder murdering game which I found rather boring after the first five minutes. Not a Hack'n'Slash like DMC or God of War.

I'll tell you what though, I did forget Dante from Dante's Inferno, although he really doesn't have a hope of winning xD

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Yup,Dante Alighieri...although Dante's Inferno IS a GOW clone...I believe he deserves a place there.And you are right : Madworld is just an "over-the-top violent game" as it was advertised.Yet it has plenty of H'n'S.But it's ok.I really don't know what genre it really is beyond "Action".

Meg

aka958;210269 said:
Kratos would win because he is a GOD slayer, he kills GODS not just a tyrant/great demon but friggin' GODS! I mean, I hate the god of war series but who would win? Sorry, DMC characters, sorry Prince, sorry Ryu but we have someone that kills gods, your no match for him, not even together.

Prince controls time (it's awesome!) but it is limited in just a few uses and in time (lulz, time...) his sands of time (time again...) will run out.

Ryu is a true warrior and he is extremely awesome, but he doesn't go around killing gods as his bussiness.

Nero? He's already dead...
Dante? No, just no... I mean, he went to hell and he has killed a few extremely strong demons and gods wanna be's but not like Kratos.
Vergil? Dante defeated him, several times, nuff' said.

Well that's just unfair. It wouldn't make sense if Dante/Ryu/whatever went around killing gods. I don't think its fair to compare them based off of what they kill because that is decided by the type of game they're in. (and yes, I'm aware I just contradicted my last post.)

So with that being said I still say Dante.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Unless a game comes to being that pits them against each other-no wait!It still won't be a fair conclusion,cause the character the player likes is bound to win.[I can only imagine endings appropriate to each character.]

But since this isn't going to be Ys VS Sora no Kiseki...one can hope.

Top Bottom