• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Rules of Fanfiction

aka958

Don't trust people
I don't agree with number 4. It sure is important with plot/pairings but the explanations are important. It gives feeling and doesn't make everything shallow. <.<

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
I too do not agree with rule no. 4. In my opinion, description is important when writing fan fictions. It is hard to give the readers imagination without a smallest bit of description. A simple description is already enough, in my opinion. Only good writers should include more detailed descriptions in their works.

Meg

^ I was just about to point that out :lol:

I loved all the "snobby elitist writers" stuff. Funny. Thanks for posting. :)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
LOL!!!
Aye Dani, you're spot on. I forgot to mention I just posted that for a laugh (damn clicker happy fingers) so don't take that post for advice guys, it's just a big ol' joke. :lol:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wow, you guys. Lighten up, seriously. This is almost as bad as when Meg made that toke jopic and Aoshi and SpardaTM got all up in arms about it. XP

Meg

^ Speaking of which; anyone here want a Klondike Bar? ;)

Anyway. I love good satire. This was a funny read. ^_^

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't know which is more hilarious - the post on DA or DT's response.

Tehehehe....
Okay, okay, okay!

For anyone who actually thought it WAS serious business and want some good pointers, read here:

http://janetfitchwrites.wordpress.com/2010/07/08/10-writing-tips-that-can-help-anyone/

And I'd like to add that I'm an advocate for tips number 9 and 10. Especially 10. If I ever obtain the power of God, please shoot me. Kill me without remorse. I do very bad, very cruel, very heart-wrenching and gut-churning things to my lead protagonists. Torture and conflict is my second nature, I'm VERY good at it. So, if I'm ever elected president, or manage to gain a very powerful hold over the world, you'd do yourselves a favour by making short work of me ;) I wasn't dubbed The Torturer for peanuts, y'know.

Top Bottom