• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The REAL Dark Slayer

Which do you choose?

• Old Vergil

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • New Vergil

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
With all the Dante vs Dante things, there's hardly any Vergil vs Vergil things. So here's the thing; which version of Vergil deserves the name "Dark Slayer Vergil"? It's not so much a fight against each other, but more so a challenge of style and deadly attacking.

So then here are the challengers!

Old Vergil

New Vergil

You decide.

berto

I Saw the Devil
there is nothing about new vergil tha screams ether dark or slayer. if the term wasn't already associated with vergil there would not be any coralation with that name and new vergil.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
there is nothing about new vergil tha screams ether dark or slayer. if the term wasn't already associated with vergil there would not be any coralation with that name and new vergil.

But what makes a dark slayer and if such a name is a title, why does either new or old Vergil deserve it?

Plus the fact that he's pretty much ready to murder his own brother, and take over the human world with an army of demons behind him does sound dark. Slayer is another story.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I think...that both are worthy of the title of darkslayer but old vergil in my opinion deserves it more.i believe that because..idk he gives off the feeling of darkslayer more then new vergil dont ask me how that makes sense lol im not even sure but i get the feeling of darkslayer from old vergil more then from new

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
For me Old Vergil all the way, just from his awakening and beforehand he carved that path.

New Vergil for me just suddenly picked up the title from nowhere and only lived it for about a day and dumped it for Nelo.

aoshi

Bitch please....
dantedarkslayer-o.gif

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
But what makes a dark slayer and if such a name is a title, why does either new or old Vergil deserve it?

Plus the fact that he's pretty much ready to murder his own brother, and take over the human world with an army of demons behind him does sound dark. Slayer is another story.
a slayer is someone that slays, it's not a complicated word.

if you really think new vergil is darker or as dark as og vergil then we are at odds. new vergil is posh as f*ck, he has hacking skills (computer hacking), and even the way he talks, none of it help his case as a 'dark' personality. even in vd he is more reminiscent of anikin skywalker than dart vader, a sort of whinny villan with skill.

og vergil was always cold and precise, ready to execute and never hesitant. not sure how else to put it, it's in the cutsceens, the difference is night and day. this isn't like dante where the differences are debatable, vergil is ver much the opposite of his original counter part.

Last edited:

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i feel like DmC vergil deserves it more only because we get to see how twisted and hellbent he becomes whereas classic vergil was clearly not all there but still retained some sense of humanity and compassion

Top Bottom