• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

THE PUNISHER SERIES REPORTEDLY IN DEVELOPMENT AT NETFLIX!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
http://comicbook.com/2016/01/16/punisher-series-reportedly-in-development-at-netflix/

Ever since Marvel teamed up with Netflix to adapt some of their comic book properties in to series, we've been treated to some fantastic offerings of Daredevil and Jessica Jones with more on the way. Initially, it was going to be Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist all leading to a Defenders crossover series, but now apparently Jon Berthnal's Punisher (appearing in Daredevil season 2) is allegedly so well received by Marvel actors and execs alike, they want to give him his own personal solo series.

This is what I was hoping for. Now, with Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Punisher all in the MCU, I'm waiting and hoping for Ghost Rider to get his due.

fan-art-of-jon-bernthal-as-the-punisher

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
EHHHH I'll watch it but not a huge punisher fan so my excitement is muted.
The Punisher is personally one of my favorite Marvel characters along with Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and my favorite superhero of all time Spider-Man. So I'm pretty hyped especially since the Netflix series have been fantastic so far.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
punisher is a great idea when done correctly. and thankfully, he hasn't had a bad movie yet imo(including the 80's movie. although the actor who plays punisher was miscast). i do feel like a SERIES is a bit tricky. if i had my way, i'd just do it in a very episodic fashion where punisher has a list of d list marvel villains that nobody cares about and he'd just knock them down one by one...and yes, if anyone from marvel works here, that's my pitch for a punisher mini series as well (i say mini because the book always gets cancelled, plus it'd be a great way to clean house of all the lame villains).

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
punisher is a great idea when done correctly. and thankfully, he hasn't had a bad movie yet imo(including the 80's movie. although the actor who plays punisher was miscast). i do feel like a SERIES is a bit tricky. if i had my way, i'd just do it in a very episodic fashion where punisher has a list of d list marvel villains that nobody cares about and he'd just knock them down one by one...and yes, if anyone from marvel works here, that's my pitch for a punisher mini series as well (i say mini because the book always gets cancelled, plus it'd be a great way to clean house of all the lame villains).
I have a feeling it'll be like the other Netflix series, having one major antagonist for the season which can still work well. Have Jigsaw be the main antagonist.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I have a feeling it'll be like the other Netflix series, having one major antagonist for the season which can still work well. Have Jigsaw be the main antagonist.
jigsaw would be awesome. i loved him in punisher war zone

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
As long as it doesn't interrupt any other shows like I don't want the Iron Fist show delayed to make way for the Punisher spinoff, I'm cool.

I'm the same with Spidey, I wouldn't him to have a solo if black panther or the in humans movies have to be pushed back.

I am curious about this take on him because if they are already talking spinoff it must be something special.

Top Bottom