• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The future of manga/anime fighters

What games should CyberConnect2 take up and use on them their 3D Fighting game engine

• Total voters

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I believe everyone must have at least one experience with anime/manga fighters,wether it was a famous or not game.However,recently this theme for fighting game underwent some changes.The first was with the Tenkaichi series and then Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm followed.Now Marvelous,that handles Hitman Reborn,also shifted to a similar style as the above two games and they are doing terific.Hope they continue like that.

So I thought I'd put up a poll/petition,depending on the size it will take and the support from the fans too see what anime should CyberConnect2[the company behind Naruto Ultimate series and the .hack series] try with a modified engine of the Ultimate Storm series.

SP here is the poll.I vote for Bleach,Fist of the Northern Star,Mahou Sensei Negima,Dragon Ball[I'm not saying Spike sucks...but we need a DB fighter where the characters can walk] and Samurai Deeper Kyo.

You can choose more than one and if you want state your reasons or what you voted.The choices are up to 5 for each of the voters.

PS : Videos to see what the game engine I'm talking about is like :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aku26MHxjJ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhjys1SVBu0&feature=related

As for the reson I didn't put in : Fate / ,Reborn,Rurouni Kenshin and Busou Renkin among othersis because they have already had excellent games by Banpresto and Marvelous and I hopoe they will reveive them since Marvelous is currently on the correct route for manga/anime games.

Also this poll is for fun.If this gets much support then we can try our luck on a bigger scale and have each and every one vote and send the results to CyberConnect2 themselves.For now,have fun.And yes the poll will be the same just with a serious,one vote.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Pretty good idea,my choices are:Soul Eater,Samurai X,Inuyasha,One Piece oh and they actually made Bleach game with the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm engine,its called Bleach vs Crusade.I know Soul Eater,Samurai X and Inuyasha aren't choices but still.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^nope,vs crusade used an incomplete 3D game engine that was supposed to be the 3D version of Bleach : Shattered blade's engine by treasure,Sega.Still a pretty good game.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Only Dragon Ball, Hokuto no Ken, Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist have the potential to be great games adaptation from anime/manga series. In my opinion, other choices that you stated are not suitable to become fighting games.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Nah,it's no big deal.

@ Chaos : All of them have already become in the past,but didn't quite make it,Negi really shows promise though,the latest chapters.But still opinions are much appreciated.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil Bane;234438 said:
^Nah,it's no big deal.

@ Chaos : All of them have already become in the past,but didn't quite make it,Negi really shows promise though,the latest chapters.But still opinions are much appreciated.

If you want my personal opinion that anime/manga series that adapted to games that used, then:

Dragon Ball - Best known anime/manga series adapted to games. The three Budokai games are great to play.

Hokuto no Ken - The latest game for Hokuto no Ken is awesome, titled Hokuto Musou, which is a spin-off. Awesome graphics. Should be a game of Hokuto no Ken is release in English, I will get it, no doubt.

Saint Seiya - Not a fan of this series, and I don't think it fits to become a fighting game. Visuals of the anime or manga artworks doesn't appeal me at all.

Bleach - I'm a mega fan of this series. Waiting for a game of Bleach to appear in Xbox 360. Various cool characters with their own skills and personalities shall make a Bleach game awesome.

One Piece - Never a fan of this series, although potential for this series to be adapted into a new game has high chances, due to high fan demands.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Would love a fighting game between alchemists and Homunculus creatures. The first two adevnture games for FMA is good, especially the second one.

Yu Yu Hakusho - Not a fan of this series either.

Mahou Sensei Negima - Love the anime seres (not the manga), but this game will not appeal to a lot of people, except for die hard otakus for Negima.

Flame of Recca - Hate this anime/manga series a lot.

Samurai Deeper Kyo - Same as Samurai Deeper Kyo, but worse

Other anime/manga series that I think could use CyberConnect2 for their games effectively are Soul Eater, and the Fate series. CyberConnect2 engine is effective for any games that use Anime/Manga series as medium, like .hack series, or maybe Naruto series.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^I see[about Negima].And thanks for the opinions,didn't really asked...oh,damn here's mine :

Out of them,I don't like One Piece.For the rest I love the mangas and some the anime[I'm more of a manga and video game person] and I'd love to see them get the Cyberconnect2 treatment.I also don't have any favourite or something like that...I love them all.

As for Fate / ,Marvelous did a good job and picked it up from Capcom and and Cavia.Personally I want to think that after Extra,Marvelous will use their Hitman Rebron Tag engine to make an excellent 3D fighter.

Top Bottom