• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Future of Capcom

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
The title says everything.Here you can discuss the future of the company that holds the rights and makes one of our al-time favourite game series-Devil May Cry.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Lately they've been kinda screwing up as of late. I think if they don't pull things together, they'll go down the tube or get bought out, and I DON'T want that happening, otherwise Devil May Cry will get f-ed up so bad... It'll be "worse" than DMC2! (I say "worse" because DMC2 is still a good game. Just not up to par.)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Imagine the irony...being bought by Platinum Games!It will be soooooo ironic.Things don't go that conviniently though.If they ARE LUCKY and get bought it will probably be SE or KT.

Seriously though the CEOs and the higher ups are seriously screwing everything up for stupid things.I mean come on,I don't like Monster Hunter but since most people like it and it HAS become a best seller,yeah why not milk the series a bit?But putting it as top priority and on top of that a stupid,patch-ed up,cutey-style spin-off???Hell,if it was like that with hot chicks as the mains,ok,I'd approve.But NO.Capcom decided : "Hey let the heroes be kitties.Fighting monsters.And everything is in SD style,like SRW".Also they don't give Keiji Inafune the permission to make Megaman Legends 2 for the PSP,nor do they let him another project until he finishes Megaman Zero Collection[which isn't a bad thing] but recently they had him slowly move away from the megaman series and move to other games.And the whole : "WOW,look how much nostalgia can be milked,let's do INSANElY more",is also a bad tactic.

My thoughts : Change the CEOs and the higher-ups.I don't care how,but it should be done fast.These guys can think all the trash they want,but can't even imagine what they have in their hands.And to give all of you an example : Let's say Kobayashi's team/studio[Devil May Cry,Sengoku Basara] teams up with Keiji Inafune's Megaman Team.Potential : OVER 8000.Seriously.

/inbeforerantandsorryfortherant.

Meg

I haven't seen anything good from Capcom lately. I agree they need to figure something out. Fast.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
The last thing i heard from Capcom was about Street Fighter 4 DLC... OR something about Hyper street fighter.

DB: I've thought about Platinum making a bid for Capcom.
That way, I expect there would be a DMC/ Bayonetta crossover.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Well, Capcom is one of my favourite video game company. Sadly, they haven't been making masterpiece games that could blow people off their own minds. Capcom needs a new direction and guidance to make better games, and they better do it fast.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
The only things that can save Capcom is these following moves and I agree with these :

DMC5[I hope it happens]
Monster Hunter 3 portable[rumors,still the cash-ins will be enough for many new games and not just MONHUN games.]
Sengoku Basara 3 coming worldwide and not as Devil Kings.

With these Capcom can stand up again a bit and go back into making quality games.If they chose not to do so,I'm outta here.The CEO's can destroy themselves as they want.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil Bane;206107 said:
The only things that can save Capcom is these following moves and I agree with these :

DMC5[I hope it happens]
Monster Hunter 3 portable[rumors,still the cash-ins will be enough for many new games and not just MONHUN games.]
Sengoku Basara 3 coming worldwide and not as Devil Kings.

With these Capcom can stand up again a bit and go back into making quality games.If they chose not to do so,I'm outta here.The CEO's can destroy themselves as they want.

I'm not a fan of Monster Hunter games, so I have no comments if Capcom should release a new one.

Capcom should release these games (if possible) to secure their company's future:

1. Devil May Cry 5 - Explanation of Nero's origin, expansion of Dante's story, and etc should be included. Gameplay should improve to catch up with other action games.

2. Sengoku Basara 3 - Will be available on PS3 and Wii this year. But no release dates announced.

3. Resident Evil 6 - This game should retain survival horror experience like the previous RE games except RE5. RE4 is much better than RE4 in terms of inducing horror to players. Stylish action gunplay, more scary creatures, and etc should be included.

4. Mega Man Legends 3 - A lot of Mega Man fans are demanding this game for a long time. Capcom should release this game to retain their Mega Man fanbase.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Chaos Master;206124 said:
I'm not a fan of Monster Hunter games, so I have no comments if Capcom should release a new one.

Capcom should release these games (if possible) to secure their company's future:

1. Devil May Cry 5 - Explanation of Nero's origin, expansion of Dante's story, and etc should be included. Gameplay should improve to catch up with other action games.

2. Sengoku Basara 3 - Will be available on PS3 and Wii this year. But no release dates announced.

3. Resident Evil 6 - This game should retain survival horror experience like the previous RE games except RE5. RE4 is much better than RE4 in terms of inducing horror to players. Stylish action gunplay, more scary creatures, and etc should be included.

4. Mega Man Legends 3 - A lot of Mega Man fans are demanding this game for a long time. Capcom should release this game to retain their Mega Man fanbase.

About these :

1.)A catch-up would be good and we have to see what Koba will decide.

2.)For Japan,the release date is either late summer or early autumn.

3.)While I agree with[and I'm not a fan at all but I have enjoyed 1,2] my honest opinion is that the RE series need a two year break for Capcom to focus on some other series,since they don't want to drop others series,so freeze this.

4.)While I'd like to know many things from the legends series,the fact that they re-released the games in PSP,unchanged shows many negative things...Perhaps the CEO's don't want or Inafune just thinks it was a bad period of the Megaman saga and doesn't want to continue it?Unknown.

Also CM,while I'm not a fan of MonHun either,this series has saved Capcom's buts even when they weren't in danger.It's their best cash-in series for the moment.And they just choose to use the money incorrectly.

Top Bottom