• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Dispair Embodied (Argosax) vs Abigail

Who will be victorious?

• AbiFail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tie

• **** if I know?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
View attachment 900
[Lol something I made on paint. It took me like 20 minutes.]

So here we have two villains who were vanquished on the spot against Dante. Now we could say Argo is stronger because Dante was stronger when he fought him. However, Dante didn't look like he was pulling more than 50% in that fight. Then there's Abigail, who is rumored to have challenged Mundus before. This sounds impressive, considering Mundus' has a lot of haxx, however if memory serves, Bolverk also challenged Sparda in the past. It doesn't mean he's around his strength. So where do we rank these two?

Speed:
Argosax has shown little to nothing in this regard. All we can really do is powerscale. From what is shown, he has been able to keep up with Dante enough to reflect shots and retaliate his blows. Now I assume Dante was holding back, however this being the strongest Dante, he could have lowered himself enough to still put the smackdown on all other incarnations. It's an unknown really. While I don't think Argo got any of his own shots in on Dante, I think it's safe to assume he wasn't a pinata the whole time. He was exhausted from constant movement.
He has the ability to teleport (or move so fast it looks like he's teleporting) and create brief afterimages as well.
Being a Demon King (Queen?) and Dante himself being massively hypersonic (maybe faster) I'll have to rank Argo as hypersonic+

Now for Abigail. Honestly he has even less speed feats than TDE. His only notable form of movement are when he and Dante clash for a power struggle. It isn't much, but his rank is higher than any enemy Dante has fought in DMC1 (save for Mundus himself) So I'll just leave it at Hyperson, maybe.

Strength:
Argosax doesn't have an notable strength feats unfortunately. By scaling he should be stronger than any other demon in DMC2. That would include Nefasturris who is skyscraper in size and could destroy multiple city blocks and even Arius himself who I would arguably is the strongest non demonlordish, villain in the series. By scaling he did manage to do one thing that even the savior couldn't do in DMC4 and that was knock Dante's sword out of his hand with pure force. I rank him at multi cityblock+

Abigail actually has a few notable feats here. For one he was successful on wailing on Dante while he was in mid sentence (what an ass****!). Dante of course being more than strong enough to endure it, but what was impressive is despite Dante's strength in DMC1, he was still knocked clear off his feet and into the air with multiple blows. Now I wont argue it, but I'm certain that Dante could effortlessly stop a moving vehicle with strength alone. Hell his guns could reflect a motorcycle clear out of the air. Then there's the scene of him actually using Lady's like they were nunchaku to kill numerous demons in midair. He swings it around like it was weightless. The average bike is like up to 600-800 lbs I think and Given that hers could go up buildings and survive impact without much of a toll, I'd think it were special made. Maybe it's motor runs on crazy and it has extra coating or something. Either way, I'd say it were at least 5x more durable than any other bike and probably more than twice as heavy. TL:DR Dante has imo, multi city block+ endurance during the events of DMC1 and Abigail being able to hurt him with pure force (not cutting force as we see Dante get stabbed plenty of times before by smaller things... like his own sword:facepalm:) The fact that he could have a power struggle means something, however he didn't do anything crazy like knock The Rebellion out of Dante's hand So just like I rank him at cityblock+ maybe even multiple.

Endurance and Destructive Capacity:

Argosax has gotten tagged by Dante multiple times during their fight. If the fact that he started showing signs of exhaustion and his wings started to disseminate are any indication. That means Argo has to be strong enough to withstand a couple blows from the white haired wonder. In the end, the thing that put him down was a charge shot from Ebony. This however isn't bad considering Dante has outright slaughtered enemies like Belial and Enchidna with a single shot in the past and with a little of Trish's energy, seal Mundus back (via twin shot). Argo's DC however is hard to cap. From what is shown of Arius, who could blow up his own skyscrapers with a flick of his wrist needed only a fraction of Argo's power to have his own increase 10 fold. With a howl he split the grown big enough to fit a couple buildings in them too. Also during his failed extraction of all of Argosax's power, Arius created a magic display that seemed to change the sky lining and cover most of if not all of the city. I'll go on a limb and say Argosax himself probably has more than enough power to destroy the city itself. It did take the combined forces of Sparda and clan members of Vie De Marli to actually defeat and seal back before he could escape hell and enter the human world. Apparently he was too dangerous to let slip out. It's possible that if Argosax wasn't freshly reborn, could have the power to life wipe even.

Abigail is quoted at once having the power to rival Mundus. If this is true or not is unknown, however much like Argosax, he was freshly unsealed before fighting and dying by Dante's hands. From what is shown, he could laugh off a rocket launcher that was amped up by Trish. This same skill was used to finish off Mundus, however there are a number of reasons it didn't work this time. For one, I'd say Ebony and Ivory>>>A rocket launcher (yes I truly believe it) Two, Mundus was massively weakened from the previous two fights that Dante and he had just gone through and was falling apart. That last boost of energy was probably just enough to finish it. In the end Dante proved just strong enough to defeat him with his pure strength. While his Endurance wasn't much higher than cityblock, his DC is quite good. A single blast from him could destroy an entire multiple city blocks. Keep in mind this could be spammed for good measure. There is also a small possibility of him being a planetary threat as he created a portal the engulfed a good portion of the planet during his appearance.

Themes:

Argosax's theme (Ragnarok)
Abigail's theme (Evil Spirit)

Vote today!

Argosax is Was Demon king right?

So about Speed i think he is Massively hypersonic+

By scalling from another thread he could be faster than lightning,there is no way he is Hypersonic+

Meg

This thread is over three years old.......

EDIT: Also welcome! But please don't revive old threads. It's one of our rules here. ^^'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom