• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"The devil sword Sparda no longer serves a purpose."

Handsome Devil Sparda

I’m still going to say the reason why Dante couldn’t fully activate Sparda swords full potential was because he was going to kill Vergil Urizen out of hate when the sword only gives power to those who loves others as Nero states in DMC 4 Sanctus fight, because last time I check Sparda defeated a already eaten fruit Mundas and won, while Vergil Urizen didn’t even eat it yet but bitch slaps both Dante and Spardas sword saying it’s irrelevant when that was Vergil’s main goal in life was to obtain the sword! What did he find out he couldn’t access the power of Sparda and just went down the road to hell instead, I mean at least he changed his mind and sent his minions to go look for it afterwards but still, they should have explained more or explain in other sources, maybe they did I dunno can’t read the Japanese volumes of this game, if anyone finds out write back here please

Taramafor

Not hate. Fear. Dante was afraid of what his brother had become. And make the mistake of claiming the "stop you" moral high ground. Unlike Nero. Who reached out to Virgil.

As for the sword itself, what if the sword IS Sparda? Bosses turn into weapons. So what if the weapon Sparda IS Sparda himself?

Handsome Devil Sparda

Not hate. Fear. Dante was afraid of what his brother had become. And make the mistake of claiming the "stop you" moral high ground. Unlike Nero. Who reached out to Virgil.

As for the sword itself, what if the sword IS Sparda? Bosses turn into weapons. So what if the weapon Sparda IS Sparda himself?
Makes sense and he can’t because then how did he come back and make babies ;)

Taramafor

Makes sense and he can’t because then how did he come back and make babies ;)
Depends how long the Sparda sword has been a thing. Also depends if he put his soul into the sword upon "death".

Think of Legacy of Kane. How Raziel basically "melds" into the sword. Could be something like that.

Also, Sparda has way too many plot gaps. Maybe next game, eh?

Handsome Devil Sparda

Depends how long the Sparda sword has been a thing. Also depends if he put his soul into the sword upon "death".

Think of Legacy of Kane. How Raziel basically "melds" into the sword. Could be something like that.

Also, Sparda has way too many plot gaps. Maybe next game, eh?
Or like lord of the ring Sauron putting his will into it and as long as there’s a ring there’s Sauron! And ya I heard it’s in development but going to take a couple of years hopefully next year since it released 2019

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The fruit was incompatible with the devil sword Sparda.

Why? Because it was the sword that was used to defeat anyone who consumed the fruit to begin with.

Vergil had already split himself in half. Urizen most likely feared further damage to himself if he tried to bond both the Yamato and Sparda together the same way Dante did.

The reason why Dante and Vergil waited to stab themselves in front of the portrait was because:

Vergil knew he might lose control of his demon half and would forever remain a human until his death.

Dante in his sin trigger form, could barely move around. It's the same with Urizen. Both of them -- while very powerful -- could barely move and keep their sanity intact.

Vergil's sin devil trigger could move very well, but he had to rip himself apart and put himself back together to be able to have that much control over his body. And even then, he still lost against the combined efforts of Dante and Nero.

"You must be both strong in mind and body to wield the Sparda."

Urizen lost some of his memories (as he told Dante) and Dante, after fusing the Rebellion and Sparda together, was driven to kill Vergil, and hated himself for it.

That's why the power was off in the beginning of the game.

Dante barely had the will to pay off the bill.

As for Vergil, he lamented everything he had done when he was V, the manifestation of his human guilt.

That guilt only intensified when V became fully Vergil again.

It was the reason why he waited for Dante to attack first, because he knew having that much power would fuel Dante's rage enough to make the first move.

Vergil, instead of killing Dante right then and there, delayed the inevitable.

Despite his guilt, Vergil wanted to see how powerful he had really become, and if he really could stand against the power of both Rebellion and the Sparda that manifested itself in the devil sword Dante.

He succeeded. He would have ended Dante in DMC5 had Nero not intervened.

Nero's power came from his experience training in the Order of the Sword, fighting against Dante and Sanctus, fighting (and losing) against Urizen twice, and refusing to let either Dante and Vergil die, despite the fact that it was Vergil who ripped off his arm.

Sparda and the Rebellion fused together were extremely powerful. Powerful enough to take down Urizen after he consumed the fruit of the Qliphoth.

However - Yamato, Nero's power upgrades he added to the Yamato via his arm in DMC4, the Qliphoth fruit, V's deceased monsters (Nightmare, Griffon, and Shadow), and even V's Cane (Checkmate) almost defeated sin trigger Dante.

However, Vergil's combined power wasn't enough against the devil sword Dante, the devil trigger-powered Red Queen, and Nero's newly formed "Spirit Yamato" (Showdown).

All of these things combined were just enough to stop Vergil temporarily, even though he said he could "still fight".

Which is exactly why Vergil said, "I won't lose next time."

Because he won't.

Handsome Devil Sparda

The fruit was incompatible with the devil sword Sparda.

Why? Because it was the sword that was used to defeat anyone who consumed the fruit to begin with.

Vergil had already split himself in half. Urizen most likely feared further damage to himself if he tried to bond both the Yamato and Sparda together the same way Dante did.

The reason why Dante and Vergil waited to stab themselves in front of the portrait was because:

Vergil knew he might lose control of his demon half and would forever remain a human until his death.

Dante in his sin trigger form, could barely move around. It's the same with Urizen. Both of them -- while very powerful -- could barely move and keep their sanity intact.

Vergil's sin devil trigger could move very well, but he had to rip himself apart and put himself back together to be able to have that much control over his body. And even then, he still lost against the combined efforts of Dante and Nero.

"You must be both strong in mind and body to wield the Sparda."

Urizen lost some of his memories (as he told Dante) and Dante, after fusing the Rebellion and Sparda together, was driven to kill Vergil, and hated himself for it.

That's why the power was off in the beginning of the game.

Dante barely had the will to pay off the bill.

As for Vergil, he lamented everything he had done when he was V, the manifestation of his human guilt.

That guilt only intensified when V became fully Vergil again.

It was the reason why he waited for Dante to attack first, because he knew having that much power would fuel Dante's rage enough to make the first move.

Vergil, instead of killing Dante right then and there, delayed the inevitable.

Despite his guilt, Vergil wanted to see how powerful he had really become, and if he really could stand against the power of both Rebellion and the Sparda that manifested itself in the devil sword Dante.

He succeeded. He would have ended Dante in DMC5 had Nero not intervened.

Nero's power came from his experience training in the Order of the Sword, fighting against Dante and Sanctus, fighting (and losing) against Urizen twice, and refusing to let either Dante and Vergil die, despite the fact that it was Vergil who ripped off his arm.

Sparda and the Rebellion fused together were extremely powerful. Powerful enough to take down Urizen after he consumed the fruit of the Qliphoth.

However - Yamato, Nero's power upgrades he added to the Yamato via his arm in DMC4, the Qliphoth fruit, V's deceased monsters (Nightmare, Griffon, and Shadow), and even V's Cane (Checkmate) almost defeated sin trigger Dante.

However, Vergil's combined power wasn't enough against the devil sword Dante, the devil trigger-powered Red Queen, and Nero's newly formed "Spirit Yamato" (Showdown).

All of these things combined were just enough to stop Vergil temporarily, even though he said he could "still fight".

Which is exactly why Vergil said, "I won't lose next time."

Because he won't.
Gosh you lost me but I get what your saying, either way it still makes the Sparda sword look insignificant when it holds the power of Sparda which can kill Mundas after he ate the fruit but what I understand now is Mundas yes but not Sparda, because since his blood flows through Vergil it’s like if Sparda himself wanted to be king and double his powers ten fold by absorbing the power from the tree and if he ate the fruit, that’s why Vergil was so damn op but think this what if Dante or Nero did this...whoa scary :eek:

berto

I Saw the Devil
For the record, the reason the Sparda didn't unleash all of its power, according to canon, is because the sword will only unleash its full potential against one opponent, Mundus. It's why you get no DT till his boss fight. If it won't unleash itself against some rando enemies it certainly won't against one of the sons.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
@Densetsu no Makenshi Nhaaaa the sword didn't transom dante into sparda dt because dmc 5 dante has become so powerful that his dt had surpassed sparda sword dt one so he dosent need it...

He just used sparda to activate his own dt, he didn't even use it later on mission 11...

@berto where was that stated?

Taramafor

Keep in mind Dante's devil trigger kicks in after Virgil runs him through in 3. No sparda sword there. And Virgil also has his own DT before getting the sparda sword.

We also don't know much about Sparda. So we don't know what amount of power he uses in what amounts in general.

The saying "You're your own worst enemy" comes to mind. Something Virgil learned the hard way.

Handsome Devil Sparda

Imma accept your answer
For the record, the reason the Sparda didn't unleash all of its power, according to canon, is because the sword will only unleash its full potential against one opponent, Mundus. It's why you get no DT till his boss fight. If it won't unleash itself against some rando enemies it certainly won't against one of the sons.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Vergil95
I don't remember if it was in the strategy guide or the booklet. All my stuff is in storage now so I don’t have the book near me any more. You can find them online, I’m sure.

Top Bottom