• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The bug up Capcom's a*s

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I was looking over a gaming magazine earlier and Capcom are already talking about Resident Evil 6.

I just wanna say, WHAT ABOUT US DMC FANS?!

I'm only assuming that we don't mean as much to them... although WE buy the games...

I was caught in a WTF moment!

Has anyone else heard anything about Resi Evil 6.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Forgive my ignorance but in the world of gaming in general Resident Evil is more popular than DMC isn't it?

- just a question 'cuz to be honest I don't pay much attantion.

Also :mad: I wanna slash demons! >_<

Sparda™

Resident Evil > Devil May Cry

It's the truth actually.

Zombies, viruses and global biohazard threats are more market-profitable than demons taking over. Survival/Action-horror is more market-profitable overall.

It has a more realistic approach.

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
Sparda™;222159 said:
Resident Evil > Devil May Cry

It's the truth actually.

Zombies, viruses and global biohazard threats are more market-profitable than demons taking over. Survival/Action-horror is more market-profitable overall.

It has a more realistic approach.

Even though you are right, we all still want to slash more demons. It's fun.:)

Osaka

trollololol
This is all I found so far:

Resident Evil 6, rumored to be heading back to the glory days of the classic haunted mansion in Racoon City, is looking to take the series to new heights. However, one big piece of ,what used to be, the Resident Evil 5 team won’t be making the jump.

Although most of the Resident Evil 5 team will be making the transition to Resident Evil 6, Jun Takeuchi, producer for RE5, won’t be doing the same. According to a recent interview with Xbox 360 World Magazine, Takeuchi was under a good deal pressure while working on RE5 and is instead feeling relieved that he is now at the helm of the Lost Planet 2 team, even though he acknowledges how much work it will take to make the game a success.
“Yes, it’s true we did feel extreme pressure – and Mikami-san’s shadow – after Resi 4″, speaking in the interview.
“However, because we were creating the sequel to this huge franchise we wanted to make our fresh direction clear.”
“Personally, I don’t think I’m gonna deal with Resident Evil 6 at all – as far as the series is concerned I’m not planning to return until at least two more Olympics have passed!”
Resident Evil 5 surely made a mark on the gaming industry for being one of the most controversial titles of 2009, with one side in an uproar over the violence shown towards African Americans and the other not really caring because the setting was, of course, Africa. While it’s not totally understood just how much of an influence Takeuchi had on the route the series decided to take, it is nice to hear that change is coming. Resident Evil 6 may even pull long-time fans who may have been skeptical of some of the more recent iterations of the series, back in for another go-around. Maybe we’ll even see a revamp of the series’ controls… let’s pray for that one.
Based on Takeuchi’s response, it looks like we can expect to see him back on the scene with Resident Evil sometime in the next 4-8 years, that’s if he stays true to his word, of course.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I just played 5 for story reasons im done with it now.

^I like how they refer to black people as 'African Americans' now even the ones who don't even live in America..

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Unfortunetly people like RE much more because they consider games like DMC, and other HnS`s to be unplayable button mashing no-brainers. However that`s exactly what we want - the dmc community.

It saddens me to hear that sad bit of news, but Bayonetta was released last year, and if i`m not mistaking it`s the creator of both these franchises that decides to make the game or not. Maybe he`s just not over Netta yet.
So CAPCOM is not really to blame.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I don't get why Capcom are like that...

Feast your eyes (taken from Guiness world records gaming 2010)

4586795937_90209ffb83.jpg

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
^ Exactly.

I have a lot of respect for Resident Evil too, but it's DMC's turn!
*Throws a tantrum!!!!*

aka958

Don't trust people
Yeah... It's like with Blizzard. Who revealed that they are working with Diablo III and Starcraft II (I WANT THEM BOTH!) while burning crusade was the hot topic. Now they've released burning crusade and wrath of the lich king AND is going to release cataclysm soon while Diablo III and Starcraft II still remains TBA.

But, I gotta be honest with this:
Resident Evil >>>>>>>>>>>> Devil May Cry
Really, better story, more strategic action, awesome plot twists, less short levels, fighting for survival in intense battles still conserving your ammo for future survival... It's AWESOME.

Now... Devil May Cry, it has loads of fun but no real survival feel, you rush through already short levels, got awesome boss battles but they still are the same except a few (dodge and counter, rinse and repeat), epic graphics, a good storyline but Dante is seriously little too much "I can do whatever I want whenever I want it" nowadays.
And they saw the giant Nero hate, how are they gonna bypass that now?
Just forget about Nero when they've just started his story?

That's what I've got to say about that.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DMC > RE big time, imo.

We need more hacking and slashing, not more survival horrors. I do NOT like conserving ammo and dodging every zombie. I'd much rather kill them all, but no, they don't even give us that luxury. I'm just saying, I like action more than running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to avoid zombies.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
@Osaka: the only thing in the about RE is RESIDENT EVIL 5 fastest downloaded demo... or the quickest download to reach 1 million downloads

Sparda™

aka958;222181 said:
Yeah... It's like with Blizzard. Who revealed that they are working with Diablo III and Starcraft II (I WANT THEM BOTH!) while burning crusade was the hot topic. Now they've released burning crusade and wrath of the lich king AND is going to release cataclysm soon while Diablo III and Starcraft II still remains TBA.

But, I gotta be honest with this:
Resident Evil >>>>>>>>>>>> Devil May Cry
Really, better story, more strategic action, awesome plot twists, less short levels, fighting for survival in intense battles still conserving your ammo for future survival... It's AWESOME.

Now... Devil May Cry, it has loads of fun but no real survival feel, you rush through already short levels, got awesome boss battles but they still are the same except a few (dodge and counter, rinse and repeat), epic graphics, a good storyline but Dante is seriously little too much "I can do whatever I want whenever I want it" nowadays.
And they saw the giant Nero hate, how are they gonna bypass that now?
Just forget about Nero when they've just started his story?

That's what I've got to say about that.

QFTMFT!

I really have nothing to add here.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I want that mag VB!!!! *drools at picture*
It doesn't matter if I already got about ten version of it, I want that one too!!

Srsly though, the unfortunate reality is that there are a lot more shoot-and-grenade (edit, my spelling!!!*selfinflicted facepalm*) type of players out there than hack and slashers. They're the majority, we're not, so even if DMC is the best game in its style, shooter games still reign supreme. So...no, I'm not surprised RE is getting attention. But I do wish they'd get their asses in gear and give us DMC5.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Waiting for a DMC game is almost as bad as waiting for a new Metroid game... We had to wait EIGHT FRIGGIN YEARS from Super Metroid to Fusion/Prime. EIGHT YEARS. That's a LONG time to go without any sequels!

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
aka958;222181 said:
Devil May Cry, it has loads of fun but no real survival feel, you rush through already short levels, got awesome boss battles but they still are the same except a few (dodge and counter, rinse and repeat), epic graphics, a good storyline but Dante is seriously little too much "I can do whatever I want whenever I want it" nowadays.

why whould devil may cry have a survival feel. it is not a survival game. it is in the stylish action subgenre of the hack and slash genre. it isn't about survival and it is not supposed to be. it is about style. if you have to run from every enemy and conserve ammo you can't be stylsh.

if you prefer survival games you perfer survival games but don't try to judge a game from a differnt genre the same way. diffent genres have differnt traits.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
DMC 4 felt a bit like survival to me. Gah! I'm terrible at it!

Dread: Don't worry, i think you'll be getting your sequel.
Legacy of kain is my longest wait... it's about 6/7 years now since Defiance. There was Dark Prophecy, but it was cancelled 6 months into development. (About the same time Eidos and Crystal Dynamics got the Tomb Raider franchise.)
I think that makes us "hard done by fans" because the developers and publishers won't listen to us.

Top Bottom