• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Best Hell

Which Hell is Better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
So, which hell is better? DMC1, or DMC3?

I'd say DMC1. It's creepy and awesome at the same time. The music is great, the design is great...

Maybe it's just because I like organic levels, but still. It's freaking sweet.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
when it comes to environments especially Hell the winner is dmc1 the other games made gameplay improvements ( even if dmc2's ( and to a far lesser extent dmc4's) were buried in stupid gameplay decisions). however the amazing environments were not carried over in the other games.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
DMC1's stands out to me because it's like bowels and random flesh parts and otherwise fantastically gross. However you don't get the impression of endless space to be lost in that Hell, it's more like claustrophobia/horror.

In DMC3, you get this impression of both imprisonment and endless space or a desert (room of fallen ones, Escher staircase, behind the chessboard) which is also pretty horrible. They're both the sort of place I wouldn't want to be. I like them both as designs, but I'd rather get cast into DMC3's, personally (where I wouldn't get eaten by a giant worm just for standing still)

...DMC1's corrupted world vortex thingy is awesome, though.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I always thought that in DMC3, it was only the gateway to the Underworld. You don't really see hell.

Fight Arkham, go down a hole. Fight Vergil, Vergil 'falls' off a cliff into the room of the fallen (the room with the rippling red floor).
I didn't think it was hell as such.

As for DMC. It was very atmospheric and very creepy. Its been ages since i've played on it.

aoshi

Temen-ni-gru for sure. It had ****ed off demons that were rapists.Seriously, dante cannot stand idle for one second on that tower in a sealed room of combat.

So was arkham's quote:

"People once cried out in fear of this tower...rage and agonies of people confined here."

I suffered from trauma of constantly being on guard everywhere i go that is crowded. I suffer even now.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I liked the DMC1 underworld better, it was appropriately disgusting and the music was wicked too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbZBK-d1Ga0
I love it when Capcom does those heric "it's nearly over" themes that you hear in Resident Evil a lot.

If DMC3's underworld had all been like that part at the beginning, the tranquil hall with the choir I would have picked 3 instead but I liked nothing else about it.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Vergil'sB*tch;255857 said:
I always thought that in DMC3, it was only the gateway to the Underworld. You don't really see hell.

Fight Arkham, go down a hole. Fight Vergil, Vergil 'falls' off a cliff into the room of the fallen (the room with the rippling red floor).
I didn't think it was hell as such.

As for DMC. It was very atmospheric and very creepy. Its been ages since i've played on it.

I was thinking that. I mean what you see is the 'Unsacred Hellgate' according to the game, and the portal to Hell itself it that floating hole beyond all the white stone? But from what DT was saying I gathered by DMC3's Hell he meant the parts past where you ascend from the top of the tower to 'the other side', and the other rooms you can get to from there, and Arkham's boss fight chamber.

It's hard to say where 'Hell' begins and ends in 3 so I just think of them as part of DMC's 'underworld'. Like in the Divine Comedy, there are different circles of Hell that resemble different environments? "Room of the Fallen Ones" hints at that I suppose. The deepest part of Hell is beyond that in DMC3, but in the first game it hints that the centre of Hell is Mundus' temple, and beyond that (or the very lowest level) is the lake of fire?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Okay, i get what you're saying.
I loved Lost Souls Nirvana.

I'm not sure about the lake of fire.

But, i still agree that DMC has the best hell.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
dmc1 definatley

it's living and organic...with it's own defense mechanism , the music is beast like , the atmostphere is orange and cloudy...it does weird me out....but in a good way

sometimes i get so freaked out i need courages to go in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom