• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Art of Music Videos

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
As a big music person, you can bet I also still love watching music videos. It's an art to me. So this is a thread I'm creating to talk about and show off what you think are some of the best music videos of all time. As I can post 5 in one post, I'll start off with that.

The Smashing Pumpkins- Tonight, Tonight
-Smashing Pumpkins have quite a few good music videos, but I got to say "Tonight, Tonight" is the best. Love the lyrics. The video itself is a homage to "A Trip to the Moon" which is considered the first sci-fi film. The result is a beautiful creation the oozes creativity and personality. One of the best music vids from the 90s.

Korn- Freak on a Leash
-With a blend of live action and animation to accompany this brutal track using various effects of dissonance and distortion. "Freak on a Leash" comes to life beautifully. I love the fact the band performs in this what seems to be a garbage bag with holes poked in it, light shining through. I forgot what we called this back in the day. Still, it looks so awesome.

Beastie Boys- Sabotage
-Who doesn't love this video? A giant homage to all those cheesy 80s cop shows. This one has always been fun. I'M TELLING YA'LL IT'S SABOTAGE!

Stone Sour- Bother
-Simple, yet powerful song, and I can say the same for the video. I can listen to this song over and over as I think it's one of the examples of a near perfect song. Corey's vocals and lyrics are incredible. Love it dearly. Dark, simple, amazing.

Foo Fighters- Everlong
This is probably my favorite Foo Fighters track. As a drummer, I've always looked up to people like Dave Grohl. Why do I love this video though? Because it's a giant parody of The Evil Dead. As a massive Evil Dead fan, of course I love that.

So, share your music. Talk about the videos. I'll probably post more later myself.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Edit:

Bah, I can't find a psychologically dark music video that I like, so I'm sticking to this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom