• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The almanac of Vergil

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
My name is Vergil, I am a demon sired by the mighty Sparda. Since his death I have been doing my utmost to keep his name at the forefront of the divine library. My treasure is a sword that my father presented to me, Yamato, a sword that uses the power of darkness and can cut through anything.
There is but one obstacle in the path I have chosen, my sibling, brother to be more specific. Dante is his name. My path is that of power and to aquire it by any means necessary, his is to preserve the peace between the realms. Though it is not contrary to mine completely, battle is the faster course for my plans to be realised, peace is far slower.
My belligerent attitude in this should not convey me as a savage as I am a chivalrous warrior. My brother is the savage, wielding firearms takes away all of the grace of duels, don't you find?

Entry 1 concluded

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
It has been a long time since I have come to this place, a vestal paradise found within the open mouth of doom. For good shall always be lodged in the perpetuity of evil and vice-versa. This place is filled to the brink of knowledge that remains to all other realms, an arcanum. For the time I read the book of ancient legends to hone my knowledge of my background and with the wisdom of the ancients at my disposal, I will fulfill my dream. I am sure that you have heard the saying that knowledge is power, well it's Gospel truth.
Dante believes that I have been sent here after our last encounter half a year ago as punishment for betraying humanity's trust in our bloodline. He doesn't know it but the book speaks of a demonic realm of such power that our father had to seal his power within it to stop it dominating the mid point. The mid point is the domain of man located between the plain of purification and the plain of damnation. Temen-ni-Gru, I will use it to gain the power I seek. Once again the gothic halls will cower before the underworld, the deep sound of Armageddon will be heard in the dark, the battles will commence and at the centre of the cataclysm, I will be laughing as Sparda's power is bestowed upon me and I wipe out any who incur my anger.
That is my goal, A man is coming, a human, he must have guts coming down here, I just hope for his sake, he doesn't give me reason to rip them out.

End of entry 2

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
The man calls himself Arkham, though I have little doubt that that name is a pseudonym. Our encounter seemed fated as we're both after the same thing. He thinks that we're going to be helping each other but really, it is he who is going to be helping me. No human is worthy to take over the power of Sparda however neither are many demons. The demons of vast power beg to differ but there are so few of them that they aren't really to be taken as serious threats to my ambition. None of them are completely unscathed from Sparda's revolt, a handicap that renders them no match for me or Dante. Dante will no doubt notice Temen-ni-Gru's appearance as it is released because it will be just down the road from his shop and it pierces the sky with its size. That could be problematic, on the other hand it will be interesting to see how that nitwit fares against me this time. The time has come for a new world order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom