• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The almanac of hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Give me what little strength I have left to finish this document. The usurpers have come to supposedly glorify our "barren wasteland" the outsiders have started putting green into our midst. Green is not supposed to exist here. The podgy pink fleshed beings come with their swords and those metal contraptions that lash out firey death through little blunt arrow heads at high velocity. His name is Dante and he comes to kill the darkness. He is unaware that he is being driven by a force even beyond the supreme being. That force is fate and it is a force beyond any other, he will revert back and destroy humanity when he sees what they have become. Not only are they entering the age of inconsequence but they are already spewing noxious fumes from obsolete factories, killing themselves through dietry abnormalities and smoking. They are the scum but we are the blamed, why is this, why is this? I'll tell you why, humans are born with inherent sin and because of that they are forgiven. As for us we are born of sin even though many of us are blameless, therefore we are punished merely for existing. Their fellonous acts render us day and night as pestilential vermin whilst they enjoy their cheap watery ale and live out of their suitcases with inscrutible cappicino makers, computers, televisions, ipods, walkmans, stereos and the like whilst they throw into our depths, carcinogenic vegetables and raw, rotting meat. And to top it off most of the meat is cheaply made British beef where the cows in question are made to feed upon the carcasses of other animals. So much for the famous promiscuity and benevolence of god. And I say it with a small "g" because that is all it deserves. The supreme being has never felt sorrow and neither will it have to in this current state of affairs. Let's rise together and let us mould the world into absolute order. We will keep absolute order through the universe as no one cares about the chaos.

To be continued...

I rode off to meet this Dante in combat. He shot down a legion with his projectile weapons and then butchered the rest of my troops with a massive sword. He seems to enjoy it as well, he is truly on his way to becoming one of us. I matched his strikes a few times but I was no match for the sparda descent. I lost my hand that day and now he drives in deeper into the horde. We have given him the nickname of 'mad dog' as he has rushed about like a frezied rabid dog in my domain severing limbs here and there. My apostles go to war now, they are my elite. If dante thinks that he'll kill then without a fight, he is sorely mistaken. I sing "lamention for brave souls" over the bodies of my warriors. Soon my apostles will secure the cauldron of rebirth. Then we will be invincible through means of regeneration. Unless Dante can strike down me and my army within minutes, then we should be able to match him. right now I stand beside the body of my beloved. She was caught up in the massacre. During the massacre, the lucky ones died immediately whilst the unlucky ones were left to cough up claret until they were dry. She was not one of the fortunate. I also saw one of my generals fight the mad dog. his strikes were quick and strong and wherever Dante's sword was headed he was in there first until it turned out to be all Dante's sick joke and then my general's head got seperated from his shoulders and his torso left his legs. We are forced to move or we'll be dead as the nethersun rises.

It is a long and arduous trek towards Kloperthei-Ans, a fortress to the north but that is where we are headed. We have a new birth among our pride Yynei he will carry on his father's legacy, I have no doubt of it. He is a strong imp and will become a great demon someday. Forgive my digression dear reader of this almanac of mine. I just need something positive on my mind to get us through this. Soon we will traverse the sea of aching souls through to the desert of cadavers, then to the perilous peaks where no one has ever returned. There is an unknown warrior attacking there. Whoever it is, they can't be worse than the mad dog. And I recite the poem:

"Lifting myself onto the plain
walking under the scarlet rain
and seeing perilous peaks that sit under
the one with a clap of lightning and a voice of thunder

Contented I lay in the pit
wrong about so much, I admit
I cannot hide, I cannot run
and though I live, my life is done "

It was possibly the worst poem ever to have been published in the netherworld but its relevance was so overt that it inspired some form of awe in the hearts of the travellers and they continued onward, not stopping, defying the fatigue that was so obvious from their faces. Once we were there we would recieve a warm welcome to the hosts' hearth and when we were ready. We shouldn't even have to fight Dante as our lord knew, sending semi-imps against the son of the demon who could have killed him was like sending cattle to the slaughterhouse and expecting them to live through it. I.e it's not going to happen.

We arrived at the fortress and were welcomed by our brethren. After a drink, a meal and a fencing match we all gathered by the lava shrine in order to call our master to us. As it turned out Dante was taken on a perilous journey to meet him we hoped that our master would put the mad dog to sleep. we spent our time renewing our army just incase the stars had spoke true to us. They said that a white devil would come and purge us. We did everything we could, we read up on mortal technology, tactics, snares, traps and the like. Our favourite of their contraptions was the crude but brutal looking tiger traps. I asked around for when we would be ready. My troops needed at least three days more to prepare for the coming storm. We did eat and drink our fill at the mealtimes though as it would be below us to be going hungry, we were demons not melancholy possessed vagrants. Forgive my manner but we should not be having to run from anyone let alone a half traitor demon half human, American son of a *****!!!

end of entry part 1

"And now I live but my life is done"
The words come back day by day, like an old dog. I so wanted them to go away but they wouldn't. Our lord had been bested once again. I threw myself at the profane altar cursing fate for all it was worth. Kkliutur, a guard came to cheer me but it was no use. Even the most amateur of strategists knew that without a leader, the army's morale would take a turn for the worst.
"Maybe you could be lord" He said
"Me, but I'm only an advisor, I'm no field demon"
"maybe not but you know how to raise the morale of everyone around you, we could still win"
"No we couldn't" I sobbed
"Demons never cry" he said
"What are you implying?!" I asked angrily
"You can beat Dante, you are a great swordsman, strong as any demon I've encountered, faster than Griffon with the wind on his back!"
"I only have one eye and one hand"
"Your hand will regenerate, your eye you don't necessarily need as long as the other one is good"
"Okay but I'll need other supporters"
"They will all join you" he said and he said it with such conviction that I went along with it.

It turned out that the guard was indeed correct, the languishing souls came to me as I invited them to my hearth and offered me lordship. I then became Lord Bolverk as a temporary stance until someone who I bid greater than I appeared on the horizon. My hand had regenerated just as the guard said and in it lay a feaful spear that I prayed would one day claim the head of the mad dog Dante and put an end to his foolish ideals.
I practiced with that spear day by day honing both my skill and its tip. I was somehow able to channel energy down it to seemingly elongate the spearhead so I could clear a room of mortals in one quick horizontal sweep. I knew that the mad dog hadn't lost its bark or bite yet so I continued training and I learned a displacement technique said to have been used by the famous black knight Nelo Angelo who we heard could have killed Dante once quite easily. I also learned the ability to send negative energy across the room in the form of roaring blue flame.
Life was fairly quiet, nothing spectacular. We were getting supplies of meat and alcohol though so there was nothing really to complain about. Some of the more belligerent demons began to question me "When are we going to attack the humans or that mad dog Dante" I didn't answer him directly, I said "Woe is my heart that you seek death after I brought you from it. Are you too blind to see that death may be tragic but life is miserable. In the end they are sure to be undone by the sheer meanness of their existance, it's in their demeanor, all we have to do is pluck a few strings here and there and they will know our pain, whereby universal justice is done."
After that he left, perhaps slightly baffled. Delinquents always are. Dear reader you may think that our pain is too great a burden on your shoulders, think yourself fortunate for being able to die and escape from the relentless hardships that we endure.

end of entry part 2

Listen to me now reader. I smell the rotten stench emmitting from the one known as Arius. He is a necromancer, summoner of the dead and damned. As we all fall under those categories here he would be able to summon us onto the plain of man. Except that for now the spells of time are all in motion. To us the domain of man is like a false vesta claiming its beauty to the world whilst being a dull place killing itself through pollution of all kinds, ranting hyperbole and excruciating cacophony. In other words it's a fake. The supreme being's attempt at this place, like the first pancake, is a flop. He sent his son to save them centuries ago but within my memory. A folly task, they will destroy themselves soon enough.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
It has been many days since my last entry. Reader, I am digraced to tell you that we have been disturbed in our noonday repast by mortals who have found a portal to our abode in the netherworld. They come with Dante's technology called "Guns", a clumsy term for weapons of such brutality. We may have created weapons but only a sick species would use them on each other. We knew that when they got hold of any weaponry, no matter how primitive, they would seek the next stage and see what would be the ultimate damage they could cause. That, of course would be damage to each other. My spear is in my hand tingling with the oh-so-familiar feel of bloodlust. After all, that was why weapons were creeated in the first place.

End of entry part 3

In this turn of events I called the wolves of war to my aid and I charged up the battlefield to meet the opposition. Their guns were quite accurate and I lost a fair part of my flank but with my armour the bolts or bullets, whatever theyre called, just bounced off me harmlessly. My spear cut through the enemy lines with a burning blue light, reminiscent of the black knight. My attack rendered a lot of them halved then my flank came in and charged them without any mercy. The intruders were destroyed.
After that battle my men entrusted on me the title "tyranus maxim" or high king in hell speak. The ultimate title in hell, awarded to those of extreme knowledge or battle ability. Even in this time of celebration, I sensed that there was something wrong.
The Mephistopheles charm had worn thin and I felt the weight of a world on my shoulders. Spear in hand I fled towards a portal and entered it. I was right inmy suspicions, Arius had betrayed us. He would die after I placed the mad dog's head on a skewer. Human security opened fire on me, I defleced the bullets with my spear then I called my wolves to me. I watched impassively as my pets splattered claret all over the walls, tearing off limbs and biting through the vitals of the guards. The wolves then went off as if they had found something, I was quite certain that it was the mad dog. The Arch Fiend would be proud if I succeeded in what I dedicated my life to doing. Whilst I was facing the other way, a guard hit me with a fortunately ineffective weapon that I believe was called a "Taser". I was startled to say the least but my spear found its way so it ended up protruding out of the guard's back. I hope the mad dog survives the encounter so I can bringabout his end in a noble battle but one fought with a fury beyond all reckoning.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Very good! Like it :p

Good luck with GCSEs! Damn, that reminds me-I better get on with studies...

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Dawn is upon us now and yet my wolves have not returned.
They're here now, defeated unfortunately but they put up a fight worhy of fifty of my other people. The timeline is delicate now, I can see a path into the white plain of purification (Heaven, as mortals would call it). The place was forbidden for any denizen of hell. My wolves have regenerated their strength. It's time to find the international organisation run by Arius "Uroboros" more of a syndicate vying for pan-dimensional conquest. That deluded Arius has only transcended mud, and that is all that he shall transcend. I am going to sabotage this one way or the other...

Now I go with the speed of the wind over to the towering structures that make up that abominable company. I sense the power of the Ether creeping down on this world, so it's true... Someone has stolen the arcanas. The arcanas are conduits for cataclysmic energy from either the The plain of the fair or the plain of the foul. Should this be the case then the world will see a myriad of colours usually undetectable by the human eye, but that is just the start. The plains, no longer separated by the arcanas will slowly eat into each other and crush the Earth, rendering both plains none existant in a furious discharge of energy which will consume an eternity and the deities themselves will be swallowed in it. Everything will become nothingness.

I have found the structures, spear in hand, in I go. I was assaulted by the undead, with my spear I used the skills influenced by the black knight and the result was that they lay in pieces. Up ahead a goatling was waiting for me "Praise fortune for you being here" I said heartily.
"M'lord I can't resist it any longer!"
and the next thing I knew, I had recieved a hard kick in the face. Arius was controlling it but my spear was too quick for it. I can't say it feels good killing a comrade, even if treachery is partly what made you, doesn't mean that it exists within you. I was a devil not out of choice but because I was a direct descendant of a former fallen angel who had took an earthly bride. In any case I can't sit here wallowing in self pity. The plutonian was in the next room, a comrade of mine and a close one at that. I write this to you now. Damn, the wolves have just informed me that Dante is inside the building now, he's toying with his opposition right now so I had better make this quick. Dante will feel my spear today.
I fought Dante, I had to retreat. He is still too strong for me it's like trying to beat a god at the moment but a true warrior learns from defeat. I managed to get into the main hall of The building, teleporting away from the orbs that would have caused me unnecessary battle. I managed to attain an item of dark energy though it shone like orichalcum I could feel dark, twisted energy inside of it. Many of Arius' minions descended on me a battle was engaged, long and intense but I was the victor, for all their numbers they had but adequate skill.

Bypassing the enemies, knowing time was short until the mad dog caught up with me. I went to get the remaining items of dark energy but then I heard the entrance seal behind me. Dante was in here with me and my wolves. The wolves were fast but the mad dog was faster, shooting Freki and decapitating Geri. My spear clashed with rebellion, I shoved him away then a large amount of bulets came my way, I teleported up to avoid becoming likened to swiss cheese. I then elongated my spear with a blue flame. I made a horizontal slash but he ducked under it. Eventually I was bested, Dante hit me with a six hit rebellion sword combonation, and in my last agonising moments the last part to that aweful poem recurred in my mind, "Now my life is done".

Taken from the almanac of Lord Bolverk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom