• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

tekken

cosmic master

The Eternal Insomniac
i know there is a similar thread like this for mortal kombat but i was just wondering who everyones favourite tekken fighter was and why. mine is king because i love his grappling style of fighting. also does anyone know when tekken 6 is due out

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Tekken fan here. It was the 1st game I ever owned for Playstaton. (Tekken 3 to be precise). What I loved a lot besides the quick action, are the great cut-scenes at the end of each arcade for the characters. They put a lot to make it look almost real in there. My favorite Tekken is 5 so far. Mostly because some of the characters I liked, where finally back.
My favorite male characters are Kazuya and Jin. But they changed Jin's moves for Tekken 4 and after. Good thing that Tekken 5 had Devil Jin, who had Jin's moves from Tekken 3/Tekken Tag Tournament and of course some new ones. So you could say that my favorite characters are Kazuya and Devil Jin now.
My favorite female characters are Nina and (was) Jun. But they killed her"-_- But, the good thing is that they brought back her moves in a cuter appearance under the name Asuka. I was so happy when I saw that she knew most of Jun's moves while having a nice appearance.

I have no clue about Tekken 6. I had originally heard that it was scheduled to go on sale this year. But if I'm not mistaken they postponed it for next year. We shall see^_^

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I will always love Tekken 2 because of nostalgia reasons as it was my forst Tekken but there was something about 4 that I loved, even if there was only about 10 characters. Everything about it was awesome and it really felt like it was pushing the series forward, much better than 5.
I love this intro
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MS6hEhDdaME
And I dont think Jun is officially dead yet Tony, I think she may return in future game and Asuka is taking her place for the time being.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
darth_angelo45;61594 said:
I will always love Tekken 2 because of nostalgia reasons as it was my forst Tekken but there was something about 4 that I loved, even if there was only about 10 characters. Everything about it was awesome and it really felt like it was pushing the series forward, much better than 5.
I love this intro
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MS6hEhDdaME
And I dont think Jun is officially dead yet Tony, I think she may return in future game and Asuka is taking her place for the time being.

I think she died on Tekken 3 opening by Ogre. But her being alive wouldn't be bad for me at all:lol:
There's that thing with the 'Unknown' girl in Tekken Tag who sort of looked like Jun too. It's a bit mysterious. And yes Tekken 4 had the best plot. The characters apart from a few exceptions were kinda 'ugly' though.

cosmic master

The Eternal Insomniac
well i have to say i liked tekken 5 best and it was awesomely conveyed onto the psp. i didnt really care for tag tournament at all

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yes 5 was the best. I'm waiting for 6 now. They say Jin won 5 and he is the head of the Mishima Zaibatsu. New characters should appear too as usual. One of the trailers showed Jin getting beaten by a new girl and after he transformed to Devil Jin Hwoarang appeared and beat him too. I for one did not like that at all.

cosmic master

The Eternal Insomniac
i hate vs Hwoarang. once he starts unleashing all them kicking combos on me i cant get a single move in on him

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
His weakness is that all those blows deal minimum damage. He's fast and has got range but he is not powerful.

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
personally ive been with tekken since 3 on ps1 and i'd have to say..my favorite character has been and will always be...marshall law...tekkens tribute to bruce lee....lol, kazua wasnt bad either

Top Bottom