• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tekken X Soul calibur?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I became a fan of both franchise recently and are eagerly expecting SC5, tekken tag 2 and Street fighter X tekken.

In the mean time i was wondering or not a crossover between Soul calibur and Tekken could work?

It would be easier to do since both franchise are made/owned by Namco Bandai and there are plenty of references to both franchise existing with each other.

The main issues would be timeline concerns as they exist in two different points in time (tekken modern Day-ish and SC 500+ years ago) as well as method of fighting. Soul calibur is predominately weapon based combat while Tekken is hand to hand.

Timeline could be solved with a variety of ways-

1. Time travel- characters can simply travel for the future or go back to the past for fights.

2. Some characters in Soul calibur are rendered immortal or ageless due to their exploits so they could easily just live till the modern day.

Getting around Weapons usage would be simple as you could include the option to fight charactes with or with out a weapon. You could assign a fighting style to the soul calibur characters and give the tekken characters a weapon. Now it would seem out of place for Tekken characters to pick up a weapon in those modern times, but this the series that has dinosaurs with boxing glove, so its not that much of a stretch.

I was kicking around the idea of having weapons that were possessed by their wielders after their death and are found by characters in Tekken in the modern day, and the soul calibur character's would possessing the tekken character giving the player access to both styles of fighting. The certain character team-ups could be to characters having common lineage ala Assassins creed or just thru to happenstance. It would give the second tier characters something to do. The partnerships could be wide range some mutual, some forced.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
I might be intrested in a crossover. It could possibly work. In the end, there is always fanfiction :D

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
ITS unfair soul calubur you have swords In tekken its hand to hand combat ! its just impossible and terrible idea only yoshimitsu's ancestor who has a sword is in the game

Top Bottom