• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tekken vs. Street Fighter

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I wonder how they'd make it fair since all of the Street Fighter characters have "powers"

Most of the Tekken characters are simply hand-to-hand fighters.

Regardless, I'm excited.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
I'm a fan of Street Fighter, but never cared for Tekken.

I was hoping the new game announcement they were teasing us with was going to be DMC 5... A silly dream, maybe, but I still got my hopes up a bit.

And then when folks were saying it was Capcom vs Namco: I also got my hopes up a bit, but I was thinking of Namco's other titles like Xenosaga (KOS-MOS!), Soul Calibur and their Tales games versus picks from Capcom's entire roster (Dante included of course!). Seems it is not to be.

So this announcement was kind of a let down to me, to be honest. Bummer.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
:wub:

I do love street fighter, but anthing to do with Tekken makes me pee my pants with excitement!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
It's the end of the [gaming] world.It's the end I tells ya.Capcom and Bamco joining together on more than Gundam.Catastrophe.

Armaggedon is coming.At least the games I want will come out or are already planned out before this happens.

Meg

Ebony;262483 said:
:wub:

I do love street fighter, but anthing to do with Tekken makes me pee my pants with excitement!

I agree with you about Tekken :wub: I hope these games are as awesome as they sound.

aka958

Don't trust people
cheezMcNASTY;262633 said:
tekkens better. street fighter blows.

So do I.

Street fighter looks awful. Ryu looks like some big meat guy and I can't see even the slightest bit of awesomeness in any of their characters.

Tekken however, got badass written all over it. I mean, the characters there at least has some style. <.<

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I'm going to get the Street Fighter version. I prefer the art over the Tekken art if it's a crossover, coz I'm sorry...Street Fighter characters won't look right with Tekken styled graphics. However, Tekken with SF graphics looks fine in my opinion.

Meg

BlueDevil;262969 said:
I'm going to get the Street Fighter version. I prefer the art over the Tekken art if it's a crossover, coz I'm sorry...Street Fighter characters won't look right with Tekken styled graphics. However, Tekken with SF graphics looks fine in my opinion.

You have point there! SF graphics are really cool in my opinion. However if what version it is dictates more than graphics and the gameplay is more like that game then I'd have to pick the Tekken version because I like those games better. Or maybe they'll put them both on one Blu-Ray disc and on two DVDs? That way people don't have to choose and the games won't compete with one another.

Sokudukeh

Dancing Dragon~
Street Fighter has never really interested me, I don't really like the big bulky characters and most of the characters don't have shoes or even socks on either. I hate feet. >_>
The gameplay for Street Fighter looks pants as well.

But, if this game has Lars, the characters don't look too cartoony and the gameplay looks good, I may get it x)

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
meg127;263024 said:
You have point there! SF graphics are really cool in my opinion. However if what version it is dictates more than graphics and the gameplay is more like that game then I'd have to pick the Tekken version because I like those games better. Or maybe they'll put them both on one Blu-Ray disc and on two DVDs? That way people don't have to choose and the games won't compete with one another.

That's true. Either way though, I want to play one of them xD

Top Bottom