• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Take 2

Which poem do you prefer? (state reasons please)

• Hope (Blizzardmon)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Newfound joy (Phantarch)

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Blizzardmon's poem

Hope

Some people say life is but a dream. I say it’s a night mare. The gifts that are given to us are more precious than life itself. I can’t compare to what life or destiny has in store for us but giving up is not an option. Though we see people bully one another like savages. To watch and do nothing is a tragic end for the hopeless victims.
I was once of those victims. Torn to shreds by people who thought the right thing to do was to change one person’s personality. I felt every time that had happened that I had failed at what I was trying to accomplish in my life. Feeling left behind or just drifting into darkness. A friend once told me that the people you shut out of your life will always call for you but you drift further into this darkness each and every time you don’t listen.
As you drift further into darkness you turn into something. You turn into a creature that has no guiding light of hope. A creature that has no hope and the feeling of just being an outlaw. With only one purpose of just to walk through the rough path of night alone. The same creatures that you were sworn to never become like. These creatures, the heartless, are what we become.
The darkness is a place that makes us feel like that we can hide and never be seen as for who we are. The darkness takes place of the real world. As for you, you make it your lonely world that now one can come to help. As you try to escape the darkness it keeps pulling at you. Until you break. Finally a person you can call friend hears the call for help.
As that the one you call friend reaches for you. For the first time you feel as if the pain has started to subside. But when being left there in the darkness for so long and lost all hope, and you start to fall again. It seems for that friend that you had gained is lost for forever.
So as you fall even more into darkness you forget about your true self. So the child that was once there is no more and is internally lost forever. In attempts to escape the darkness again you hide behind a mask and try to fight back. Projecting an image that you are not. Hoping that no one will ever mess with you. But that one friend that won’t let things go in life, sees behind this image or mask you shown. That one true friend, that angel of hope, which wants to help to guide you, to teach you, and chase the same dreams that you once wanted.
That one angel of hope can help you fight and escape this darkness of yours. With that one true friend you start to build trust. Passing that on to another and another until you become that angel. Being another person angel of hope is something more powerful than anything else. Helping others escape the darkness and showing them that we all have a dream in which we can chase in life. In that I shall leave you with one question “Are you willing to drift into darkness or are you willing to fight back to help another and become an angel of hope?”

Phantarch's poem

Newfound joy

A fell feather flew frightfully fast past my face,
I knew a bird who'd lost it was short-since not in this place,
I learned a lexicon of wonderful and weird things,
Now rather than fell bells knelling, a spellbound bird sings.

Pessimism used to be all I stood for and knew,
Now I know more but I still don't really have a clue,
Both sides make as many mistakes,
But optimists have more fun in whatever time it takes.

The solutions present themselves in pairs,
So if one falls in two the will be four so no one cares,
What's so bad about living in jocundity,
when there's so many things to do and see.

And the heart makes a start,
With a breath of air,
The lungs do not shun,
What's rightfully theirs.

Problems lurk not everywhere,
Only those see and share,
Just like living conduits,
Their problems cause us fits.

I knew the candor can be hard,
And can feel a trifle bizarre,
There is usually a way around,
That obviously others found.

And the heart makes a start,
With a breath of air,
The lungs do not shun,
What's rightfully theirs.

So there's apt cause to be insouciant,
Now let your peace be adamant,
Reaping the fruits of life,
As time drifts idly by.

(I wanted to post more ppl's but no one else has responded.)

Top Bottom