• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

superhero video games

do you prefer established superhero games or original ideas?

• original

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • pre-established

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • turtles will lead the rapture and we'll all die

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i'm noticing a small change in the gaming world. more and more superhero videogames are now featuring their own original characters moreso than around 5 years ago, anything in the superhero genre would most likely be based on a character already established. do you like the change? just curious.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
i'm noticing a small change in the gaming world. more and more superhero videogames are now featuring their own original characters moreso than around 5 years ago, anything in the superhero genre would most likely be based on a character already established. do you like the change? just curious.

Are you referring to games like Infamous and Prototype?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I guess its either copyright reasons considering most superhero video game licensing are sent to certain companies like SEGA, Activision, and co and those companies could actually give a damn and hand them over to 3rd rate low talent devs with some exceptions and these video game only superhero games are done by dev teams who actually give a damn but don't hold the right to said titles so instead make their own superhero games.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Both but i lean more towards original works like Stylish Nero. Outside of the quality issue, we do need new ips so hopefully we do get new takes on the superhero genre in the future.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I wanna vote for all three.

And besides, it's the gameplay -- and maybe a good bit of the story -- that makes or breaks the game.

Wait... since most games are combat-oriented, shouldn't this mean that almost all of them are sort of "superhero-ish"?

Edit: I voted for "original" because you can still make a game that's reminiscent of another superhero, while being different enough to be legally considered its own IP (Dishonored, Darksiders II, etc.)

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I wanna vote for all three.

And besides, it's the gameplay -- and maybe a good bit of the story -- that makes or breaks the game.

Wait... since most games are combat-oriented, shouldn't this mean that almost all of them are sort of "superhero-ish"?
you raise an interesting conundrum. but i wouldn't necessarily classify gta or saints row as a superhero game. its more along the lines of real life but with respawn.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
you raise an interesting conundrum. but i wouldn't necessarily classify gta or saints row as a superhero game. its more along the lines of real life but with respawn.
What about Watch Dogs, Sleeping Dogs, and Mirror's Edge?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
What about Watch Dogs, Sleeping Dogs, and Mirror's Edge?

Not really cause there is nothing "super" about them....perhaps action well for Sleeping Dogs I consider that one a kung-fu crime drama/action type of genre.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Both because I'm already a fan of many different superheroes so games based on them are welcome. Original superhero games are also welcome because there's never too many.

Top Bottom