• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Suggest an MMORPG

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Hello, well i`m very much bored out of my mind, so i`m looking for an MMORPG that i`d enjoy playing for more than just a couple of weeks. The game that i`m looking for should be something very similar combat wise to Dungeons And Dragons Online or Warlord Online, or from single player games, styled similar to DMC or Risen. Which means, i don`t want any Highlight -> click to attack -> cast 1on1`s like Allodds, Florensia or the like.
Any suggestions?
Oh i know there`s Last Online, but God knows when the beta`ll be open, if it`s even going to be opened.
Forgot to mention, preferably Free to play.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Considering pretty much all MMOs seem to follow a largely similar combat scheme...
I dunno, if you're willing to shell out $15 a month, you could give that Star Trek Online thingy a go.
Or...I dunno, the only MMO I ever really enjoyed playing was Guild Wars, it's not as horribly grind-y as most MMOs and when you actually get together with some friends, it's quite fun.

And it's free, that's always worth a mention.

aka958

Don't trust people
Yeah, most MMORPG's sucks. I still cannot think that so many plays world of warcraft and enjoys such a dull and boring world of emptiness and quests. HATE IT!
And they pay for it!

I do not know any MMORPG worth playing because the only few i've seen are just like WoW. I'd say if you can find, buy games that has the option of both singleplayer and multiplayer. Like Diablo, it is hundred times more awesome than WoW.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
^ I agree, what`s up with paying for that, i understand donations but monthly fee? I`ve overplayed my time with Diablo 2 ^^ Waiting for D3.
SWO is a no-no unfortunetly and Guild Wars is a tea party clickfest to me.
Thankies so far.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Why don't you just grab games with online capability? Because when you really look at it, all MMOs play mostly the same and you'll probably get bored within a couple weeks.
Things like the newest Alien vs Predator are shaping up to have great single and multiplayer experiences and games like Team Fortress 2 have a great online community with which you'll have a brilliant time.

Then again, I suppose it depends on your opinions of shooters.

aka958

Don't trust people
I've heard only good things about team fortress 2, but sadly that ain't an RPG. Call of duty modern warfare 2 has some Level/rank system in it i think, ain't that a little RPG?

AVP can't only be a shooter, maybe if your marine or predator but if your the friggin awesome alien then?

... man your asking the impossible... There is no such game as the one your searching for, why not settle down with a nice game of Final fantasy with the RPG feel and a game of Team Fortress 2 for online?
That sounds like such an awesome combination, too bad I ain't got Team fortress 2.
!! Not Final fantasy XI, dull and boring like WoW except higher monthly prices !!

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Actually there are a lot of games like the ones i`m searching, example would be Continent of the Ninth, which i`d love to play, unfortunetly it`s open Beta and Korean - KSSN and korean mobile phone required when registering.
And no, Levels/ranks don`t make a game into an RPG, it`d be the same saying DMC is RPG because it has ranks.
Ow well, guess nobody has any preferable suggestions, thanks to those who replyed.

Durante

Dead
GunZ is an online third-person extreme fast paced game,although it's a pretty simple one. Continent of The Ninth reminded me abit of Lineage II :D

EDIT: there's always Aion,warhammer,age of connon and stuff (but theese are not free) Unless you play illegaly.

aka958

Don't trust people
No ranks in DMC does not give you anything special. I mean the higher rank you get the more stuff and things you unlock, now ain't that like leveling?

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Well, Continent of the Ninth is nothing like L2 and i`m looking for a F2P, i mentioned that.
Still, ranks and levels don`t make an rpg.
Well, whatever, seems nobody plays games like those..

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Try the Igg games like Zu Online and Cabal[i think that's the name].I played Zu online for a time.There are others but i can't remember them.

Top Bottom