1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Street Fighter 5

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Maxman, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Maxman

Maxman Well-Known Member

*tears of joy*

The Final Offer and Innsmouth like this.
  2. Maxman

Maxman Well-Known Member

Update : Seems like the trailer in the video is taken down

3. Lord Nero

Lord Nero Ultraviolet Sentinel

Yeah, Street Fighter V announced... well... whatever we call 'Street Fighter'. I'm pretty sure the people who created Street Fighter haven't been involved in quite a while. Graphics and gameplay look like they might be almost exactly the same as in SF IV. It could be fun, at least for a little while, even though fighters aren't really my thing. I liked Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha back in the day.

4. NessPSI

NessPSI Tony Redgraaaave!

I think ill play it safe and wait for a while. Going into the next gen i dont have the money to be getting a game knowing it will be getting a remake a few months down the road... and Im honestly getting a bit tired of Street Fighter.

Lord Nero likes this.
  5. Super90sgamer

Super90sgamer Well-Known Member

Street Fighter V it's exclusive on PS4 & PC, It's seems Sony's response to The Rise of the Tomb Raiders.

ItWasAnEggTimer likes this.
  6. Chancey289

Chancey289 Fake Geek Girl.

Is this their "top secret" game?

ItWasAnEggTimer likes this.
  7. Winterfrost

Winterfrost Shadow-of-Sundered-Star

Actually going to more than likely be a timed exclusive.
    With a full GOTY edition with all DLC
    with 5 more versions coming out, SSFV, USSFV, HOLYSHITTHISISSTUPIDUSSFV
    Seriously hope they don't do what they did with SFIV milking the **** out of it...where's bloody roar?

8. Super90sgamer

Super90sgamer Well-Known Member

who's going to be the final boss in this game?

9. Steve Powell

Steve Powell Cheeky Wee McGregor Staff Member Administrator

I'm terrible at fighting games, but I do like me the occasional bout of Street Fighter. Glad that I'm not the only cynic expecting multiple revisions of the game to see a release before they leave things be. My biggest gripe with the latest version of Street Fighter IV (can't remember what it's called and Google is so far away) was the absurd number of characters whom just didn't belong.

Street Fighter II: New Challengers
    will always be the definitive Street Fighter fighting game, in my eyes, even if it was, like, the fifteenth iteration of Street Fighter II.

Innsmouth and Lord Nero like this.
  10. Chancey289

Chancey289 Fake Geek Girl.

Capcom has done that milking thing with every core Street Fighter installment. Don't be surprised.

11. DantesLink

DantesLink Well-Known Member Contributor Gold Supporter

Here's another link. (Hope it doesn't get shot down as quickly...)

12. The Final Offer

The Final Offer Well-Known Member

If you're an imbecile, then you won't understand why Capcom releases new versions of Street Fighter. You gotta play and learn the game (which takes a vast amount of time to learn), and when you're surely great at the game and know what can beat what, then you'll be ready for a new installment.

Clowns can keep talking their talk about SF and "milking". When a new installment comes out there's so much added that it's going to take you yet again a vast amount of time to master. SF isn't for clowns. You can't learn a few moves and think you're not going to get pummeled the moment you jump online. It's not that kind of game.

Think of a book full of notes. Now think of another book adding 80 pages more of notes. What do you do with notes everyone? That's right, you refer back to them in order to understand something. Now which edition would you prefer? Your old book or your old book extended. If you read anything, then an extension of what you've come to love is welcomed.

Hello there guest. Please Register or Log in to view images!

SFV will be an entirely new experience. You'll still be using old characters (some from SF 4 probably won't make it), but you'll be playing a game with very different mechanics. Until clowns learn why people prefer 3rd Strike over SF4 or Super SF4 over USF4, we'll continue suffering their bad jokes.

What clowns really want to be "joking" about are the remasters or the Game of the Year editions. They provide nothing new except visuals and people paid for that. How that isn't more deserving of the label "milking" is anyone's guess.

I mean, you can keep being ignorant, the choice is surely yours.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  13. Lord Nero

Lord Nero Ultraviolet Sentinel

Nobody said new SF installments count as milking, so what are you even talking about?

Anyway, remasters and GotY editions generally do provide new things that people actually want. Remasters are very nice for the people who never got to play the original. Take for example Resident Evil 1: I never got to play it, and I'm certainly not gonna buy a GameCube for it (and even then get terrible image quality because I own a LED TV, not CRT). I am willing to pay for it -- I'm not a fan of pirating. And so the remaster of Resident Evil coming up is just a good buy. GotY editions often offer things people ask for, and often bundle DLC with the original game. There is demand for it, they often add things not present in either the normal game or remasters... yeah, I don't see how that counts as milking. I've explained it before in a thread about whether remakes are a good idea, and I don't feel the need to explain it again.

14. The Final Offer

The Final Offer Well-Known Member

Nobody YOU KNOW said that. I was speaking in general.

Yeah, I'm saying these GotY and remasters are indeed milking and I gave my reasons why. If nothing in the game mechanics changes, then it's not a justifiable buy for me. Because nothing's changed but the visuals.

Now remasters that have additional games inside or tweaks to the game (added bosses, moves, etc) those are justifiable because we didn't have those things before and offer a fresh experience.

15. xMobilemux

xMobilemux I'll just get right to the ass kicking. Contributor

Capcom is claiming pretty much all the SF5 videos with copyright claims, IGN's video is down, Machinima's video is down, what the hell Capcom?

16. berto

berto I Saw the Devil Staff Member

They want to reveal it tomorrow and they can pull the copyright card to hold them off till then. For the time being I don't hold that against them, to want to control when they announce a game, not like a day's wait will kill anyone.

DantesLink likes this.
  17. ROCKMAN X

ROCKMAN X Keyser Söze

TBH guys i'm more excited about the Street fighter Vs Tekken game which is being developed by NAMCO... i've stopped expecting innovation from capcom years ago now this is just going to SF 4 Next gen edition.

18. Maxman

Maxman Well-Known Member

Street Fighter III games introduced parries , SF4 introduced Ultra Combos and Focus Attacks and the method of cancelling specials into Focus Attacks or Dash Cancels

I do really wonder what will SFV's game changer will be

19. DantesLink

DantesLink Well-Known Member Contributor Gold Supporter

The Final Offer likes this.
  20. Maxman

Maxman Well-Known Member

*tears of joy*