• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Story Ideas for DMC x Bayonetta

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If there will be a crossover between Devil May Cry & Bayonetta, how do you picture the story?

- Have Dante visit Rodin's place for the first time. Rodin could mention Dante about Sparda in his involvement with the Witches & Sages.
- Have a gag where Enzo is ignored by Dante and that he wouldn't "remember him".

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm fond of having the Bayonetta/DMC universe be different timelines of each other. Sparda gets involved in the Umbran/Lumen conflict and if he suceeds that causes the DMC timeline and if he fails the bayonetta timeline is formed.

There is a device in the second light novel and it allowed Dante to travel across timelines. So i'd bring it back and use it here.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think I’ve mentioned more than once that I really wouldn’t want one. To me they’re just not compatible. Bayonetta is extra goofy and silly, it has random spotlights and confetti and that is really only applicable to 4, which is part of the reason it’s at the bottom of my list along wit DmC. As outlandish and over the top as DMC3 is it would never have a scene with confetti popping out of nowhere for effect, neither would 2 and specially 1 would never, being so close to a RE game. Can you imagine a scene in 4 with Ada suddenly striking a pose with her grappling gun and getting confetti and a spotlight from no discernible source? No. That s#@& would be ridiculous and it used not fit with DMC. It fits fine with Bayonetta, she was build like that, that’s what she was like from the very beginning. DMC was turned into that and I bloody hate that they did.

That being said, for the sake of argument and the topic, the one thing I would really hate is if they turned this into a versus. I rather have a team up than a confrontation. The whole ‘who would win’ is childish arguments and fantasies, which can be fun but I don’t think I’ve ever seen it done right.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Ronin
Those could work but I just thought having them be alternate timelines was easier to work with.

Or maybe i was just taking it to seriously :facepalm:

_Coby_

I think I’ve mentioned more than once that I really wouldn’t want one. To me they’re just not compatible. Bayonetta is extra goofy and silly, it has random spotlights and confetti and that is really only applicable to 4, which is part of the reason it’s at the bottom of my list along wit DmC. As outlandish and over the top as DMC3 is it would never have a scene with confetti popping out of nowhere for effect, neither would 2 and specially 1 would never, being so close to a RE game. Can you imagine a scene in 4 with Ada suddenly striking a pose with her grappling gun and getting confetti and a spotlight from no discernible source? No. That s#@& would be ridiculous and it used not fit with DMC. It fits fine with Bayonetta, she was build like that, that’s what she was like from the very beginning. DMC was turned into that and I bloody hate that they did.

That being said, for the sake of argument and the topic, the one thing I would really hate is if they turned this into a versus. I rather have a team up than a confrontation. The whole ‘who would win’ is childish arguments and fantasies, which can be fun but I don’t think I’ve ever seen it done right.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, I know. I don't care for that. I tried watching the video and kept cringing. It's actually part of the reason why I said I hate versus crossovers. There has never been a good one. King Kong vs Godzilla, Freddy vs Jason, Sadako vs Kayako (which was actually not that bad until it got bad), Alien vs Predator, Frankenstein meets the Wolfman, Lake Placid vs. Anaconda, Lupin the 3rd vs. Detective Conan. I happen to like Batman v Superman but even in those regards I seem to be alone in that opinion so I guess we can add it to the list. I also tried watching a playthrough of Project X Zone 2 but it was so silly I think it game me cancer.

On top of that you have that thing when even when they are supposed to be allies there just has to be that dumb exhibition fight where two characters go at it before joining forces just for the hell of it, like in Forbidden Kingdom, Thor vs Iron man in Avengers, or Samson vs Hercules.

About the only crossover I can recall liking was the Monster Squad. Actually. As far as I can remember that didn't have any of the things I'm complaining about so maybe that's why.

Last edited:
Top Bottom