• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Starcraft II

aka958

Don't trust people
I preordered the collectors edition now. I can't wait till june!
But I got lucky and my GAME store gave away beta keys for the game, it's downloading right now.
It's gonna be so beautiful. Wonder if you can play protoss in the beta.

Starcraft is one of the games that I've been playing nonstop for a whole load of times, maybe even the only one. Two years of extreme fun on battle.net. I've been longing for Starcraft II from the day it was announced.
It's goona be awesome, so awesome!!!!!!

It's gonna be AWESOME!

Anyone longing for this release as well?

Lerrion

Wild Ranger
I think I might buy it when starcraft comes out.... If I can afford it - the prices in my country are just so high...

aka958

Don't trust people
But it surely must be worth it. The prices in my country ain't exactly a free for all buffet, and I preordered the collectors edition. I'm not gonna buy me anything, just save, not even refill my phone. I did that two months ago, I can't afford doing it again.

aka958

Don't trust people
I'll also buy it when it comes out in the stores. Where would I buy it otherwise?

God! The beta is soon fully installed! GARGH! Can't wait!

Lerrion

Wild Ranger
Me too... Diablo is the ****!!!!! best rpg ever! of all times! In my hones and humble opinion, starcraft doesn't stand close to diablo......

aka958

Don't trust people
Diablo and Starcraft two of my favorite games. Don't compare them as they are different genres.

It's like apples and potatoes. Two different things. Starcraft is an RTS, Diablo is an action RPG, Diablo III is still TBA and not close to be announced.

Don't change the subject of the thread.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Face it, Blizzard makes some of the best video games out there. Personally, Starcraft is my favorite. Can't wait to "play as" Jim Raynor. One of my favorite characters in the game.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
It "looks" good, me and my friends plan on getting it just because we desperately need another RTS to play, Dawn of War is becoming so very rage worthy, the first Starcraft kicked ass, so much that it's Korea's friggin' national sport, but from what I've seen, heard and read, nothing has really changed bar the graphical overhaul, it's more of the same, just tweaked and streamlined, nothing all that new to it.

Still, more of what's awesome is still ranked as awesome.

Zato-OW

King
I've been playing sc for 10 years now and I can honestly say that right now sc2 isn't better then the original. Sure it looks better but as a competitive game scbw is better. The problem I see with sc2 is that they give you access to too much money at your main and main expansion, this causes players to camp in their bases. In scbw you had to fight for map control from start to finish because the resources were half of what they are in sc2 and very precious. Cutting the resources by half from your main and closes expansion would change this and make the game a lot better imo. Basically your just making the money consumption in sc2 match the original.

aka958

Don't trust people
Zato, that's not quite right.
If I think I'm right there will still be a map editor. If your not happy with the original, create your own. It ain't that hard.

Starcraft II has new units, new maps, new terrains, updated graphics, I don't care if it sets the bar up higher or not, it will be a new Starcraft experience and I'm gonna enjoy it.
Why do so many wants something completely new? I want Starcraft, not Failedcraft. It's still the same old RTS that Starcraft is, why change that?
The great switch between DOOM 3 is from the original DOOM series, it was something completely different. Not like the original DOOM at all, still funny, but not what I expected.
Starcraft II may just be a rehash of the original, but I want just that, it'll come new tactics in it with the new units, new scenery with the new terrains, better graphics with the new graphics ofc, and lots lots more.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
aka has a point. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Look at what happened with DMC2. They tried something different, and paid the price for it. Sure, after that it's been the same formula with little tweaks, but everyone still likes it, and it's been almost the same since DMC1.

So, failed argument is failed, then.

aka958

Don't trust people
Oh GAWD! DT agrees! YYEEAASSHHH!!!

Anyways, I played my first match (YES!). I even won (double YES!).
It's so awesome. It has the same resource need, you still have to make new bases fast, and you still love the game. New abilities everywhere, Mothership is god, and much more.

They have the good ol' units with new tweaks and abilities, and some new ones that fits just as much as every other unit.

Zato-OW

King
aka958;225184 said:
Zato, that's not quite right.
If I think I'm right there will still be a map editor. If your not happy with the original, create your own. It ain't that hard.

Starcraft II has new units, new maps, new terrains, updated graphics, I don't care if it sets the bar up higher or not, it will be a new Starcraft experience and I'm gonna enjoy it.
Why do so many wants something completely new? I want Starcraft, not Failedcraft. It's still the same old RTS that Starcraft is, why change that?
The great switch between DOOM 3 is from the original DOOM series, it was something completely different. Not like the original DOOM at all, still funny, but not what I expected.
Starcraft II may just be a rehash of the original, but I want just that, it'll come new tactics in it with the new units, new scenery with the new terrains, better graphics with the new graphics ofc, and lots lots more.

I think you missed my point. I clearly said that the issue with SC2 is the amount of money you get at your main base and main expo that causes players to camp in their bases and not have to fight for early map control. This was a crucial deciding factor in scbw to have that edge over your opponent and gain map control. Having early map control in this type of RTS is what makes this types of game competitive. Not sit in your base for 10 minutes then beat someone with 2 or 3 attacks.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Zato-OW;225256 said:
I think you missed my point. I clearly said that the issue with SC2 is the amount of money you get at your main base and main expo that causes players to camp in their bases and not have to fight for early map control. This was a crucial deciding factor in scbw to have that edge over your opponent and gain map control. Having early map control in this type of RTS is what makes this types of game competitive. Not sit in your base for 10 minutes then beat someone with 2 or 3 attacks.

This is precisely the reason why I like Dawn of War, you can't turtle or you'll get god damn punished for it, you have to stay on the offensive and branch out of your base to get resources, otherwise you're screwed.

If there's going to be an arse load of resources at your main base, it just lets people turtle, then steamroll with a huge army without actually doing anything, then both people do it and it just gets boring, because you hit a brick wall where nobody wins.

If you turtled in your base in the original SC or Dawn of War, you paid dearly for it, because whilst you got a big army, your enemy got the majority of the resource points along the map and could just keep cranking out units, the whole contesting for control of the battlefield is what makes RTS games fun, there's no strategy in real time strategies if all you do is sit in your base and wait to amass an army.

Zato-OW

King
I have the beta right now. Most games people just sit in their bases for 10 minutes then attack. You couldn't do this in the first SC because you didn't have access to a lot of cash at your main base. They should remove that double geyser crap and make it like the original so people can fight for gas. Because when it came down to all the early fighting in SC1 it was over gas mainly. I still like SC2 though but not as much as SC1. I hope I learn to like it even more though as time passes.

aka958

Don't trust people
In the original Starcraft you'd get infinite gas. When the gas was depleted, you continued to gain gas as 2 gas per box a probe gets. Here, it's limite, when it's depleted, your screwed. Gas ain't important in the beginning, gas is nothing when you don't have minerals combined with it. Minerals is the major resource and the one needed most. That's the one you should hunt. Also, you just get 5 gas per box instead of the normal 8.

The minerals is still the same though, they still have the same amount of minerals in it. But you only get 5 minerals per chunk this time instead of 8.

But, if this still doesn't tickle your fancy, wait until the final version and create maps of your liking and play those instead.

Zato-OW

King
aka958;225358 said:
In the original Starcraft you'd get infinite gas. When the gas was depleted, you continued to gain gas as 2 gas per box a probe gets. Here, it's limite, when it's depleted, your screwed. Gas ain't important in the beginning, gas is nothing when you don't have minerals combined with it. Minerals is the major resource and the one needed most. That's the one you should hunt. Also, you just get 5 gas per box instead of the normal 8.

The minerals is still the same though, they still have the same amount of minerals in it. But you only get 5 minerals per chunk this time instead of 8.

But, if this still doesn't tickle your fancy, wait until the final version and create maps of your liking and play those instead.
Okay I can tell your probably not good at either games. Gas is just as important as minerals. Mainly for countering you will need gas and a lot of it very early. If your Zerg you will lose if you don't get a crap load of gas because Zerg is heavily gas dependent then the other two races, while Terran and Protoss is balanced out between both.

It seems you don't understand the mechanics either. Workers in SC2 are a lot smarter and mine better in SC2 then the original. This means they get money a lot quicker due to better AI and change of graphics. That is the reason they changed the intake of minerals and gas in SC2. You still get the same amount(by speed of the smarter AI) as the original SC. Its already been tested.

The thing about SC2 money is that they give you too much early and it makes for campy games. Instead of one geyser they give you two. When you have easy access to 4 geysers then you really don't need to move at all because you have all the cash you need to max out. Just like money maps in SC1. This was the main issue with money maps in SC1 because newbies don't have to expand and they just camp in their bases.This is the same scenario except everyone does it in this game.

Why do you keep telling me to create maps when SC2 comes out because I don't like the money feature? Why would I waste my time doing so when I can only play them in UMS and get no credit for wins?

Top Bottom