• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Starcraft 2 Issues

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Okay now, I know there have been problems with Starcraft 2 melting computer hardware...but has the game also been causing Blue Screens? Because we've been having Blue Screen problems over here, and we uninstalled Starcraft 2, then the Blue Screening problems stopped.

NOW, we also virus-scanned the computer...but the thing didn't detect any viruses...so, I'm just wondering.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
One of the most common causes for BSODs are overheating errors, so if you were a victim of that nasty little computer melting hardware bug, then that could very will be the cause.

It'd help a LOT if, the next time it happens, you could write down what the stop error code is. BSODs usually come with a stop error code which can help identify the problem, for example: 0x0000008e, just so you know what kind of thing to look out for.

So yeah, if it happens again, write that down and I'll be able to tell you what the problem is.

aka958

Don't trust people
Could be because of the overheating issue in the main menus.

Source:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/939643-starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty/55785055

"Anyone else have StarCraft II try to melt their hardware? Blizzard admits that it's a known issue and has a fix for you.

Apparently, the game's menu screens aren't framerate-limited. This means that when there's nothing else going on, your graphics hardware renders the bejeezus out of those screens, causing nasty overheating problems. The fix is easy, requiring players to add the following lines to your "Documents\StarCraft II\variables.txt" file:

frameratecapglue=30
frameratecap=60

Good to know. Personally I would have appreciated a heads-up before my video card fried, but maybe this can save someone else from the hassle I've been dealing with since yesterday afternoon."

Maybe you get bluescreens because of that? You have the solution in there aswell so... :cool:

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I dunno...if it IS Starcraft 2, it will no longer affect me anyway, as I uninstalled it at my mom's request...because she blamed it T___T

aka958

Don't trust people
If you do get bluescreens while playing Starcraft, especially on the menu's then there you have your answer. If it is just random bluescreens I would say it is a slimmer chance it is related to the Starcraft 2 game.

Also, your computer's requirements may be too low?

<.<
You made me want to play around with the map editor. *rushes off*

Top Bottom