• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Square Enix Registers Final Fantasy XIII-3 Website Domain.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Looks like we might not be seeing the last of the FFXIII saga, even after XIII-2 is wrapped up and done with. Square Enix have seemingly registered the website domain for FFXIII-3 via their regular Corporation Service Company, the same guys they used to register the domains for Deus Ex and Heroes of Ruin.

So what does this mean? Could mean we're likely to see more XIII depending on the sales of the sequel, could just be a security measure should they decide to partake in a sequel at some point in the future, who knows, it's all speculation at this point.

On another note, the trademark for Versus XIII has been refiled too, so despite its long development time, it might not be in complete dev hell after all.

http://gematsu.com/2011/09/square-e...in-renews-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-trademark

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
So much bad luck with Versus XIII, eh? Hopefully it doesn't turn into the FF version of Duke Nukem Forever.

As for the XIII-3 thing, that'll be a first for Squeenix. Creating not one but two sequels to a game? (not prequels or interquels, true sequels) Is Square-Enix running out of ideas or what?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Final Fantasy XIII-3... i don't know what to say. i can't believe it. the idea of another Final Fantasy XIII sequel is just...

at the moment i really like the idea but i should probably play XIII-2 before trying to figure out if a third one is actually a good idea.

The idea of third sequel is just absurd, we all know how Final Fantasy X-2 sucked compared to Final Fantasy X.
Same could've happened with DMC if it wasn't rebooted.

Meg

"Hey everyone! Let's drive a franchise into the ground because we know people will buy it!"
"Yeah that's a great idea, let's do that!"

They should of just made it its own series. Sounds like using the name Final Fantasy to sell a product. But that's just me and I think I've made it pretty clear how I feel about SE. XD

aka958

Don't trust people
Final Fantasy is pretty much epic.
I've got to say I've got my doubts about FFXIII-2 because of it's sudden new character in the trailer.

FFXIII was great, but it needed alot of refining. I think that SE feels that they have greatly improved that parts where FFXIII were lackluster in FFXIII-2.

I like what they did to Lightning in the sequel though, awesome change as it fits her personality change through the end of FFXIII.

I'm confident SE will handle it. Although FFXIII was quite bad in many areas I'm getting a feeling that they'll improve their mistakes and make a better game out of FFXIII.

Also, Versus I'm certain won't be a Duke Nukem Forever. Because of it's shorter time span to start with and add the lots of other FF releases in it's development-span. Also SE ain't dumb enough to make a stiff game like Duke Nukem Forever, they just aren't that stupid. Even I know that for a fact.

Top Bottom