• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sparda's battle against Mundus

DMCGamer1989

I found these scans on Tumblr from the Devil May Cry comic, the user UncleDante uploaded them, enjoy.

tumblr_mmma8zGi0z1r9en1io1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mmma8zGi0z1r9en1io2_1280.jpg
tumblr_mmma8zGi0z1r9en1io3_1280.jpg
tumblr_mmma8zGi0z1r9en1io4_1280.jpg

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Great finding, thanks for sharing!
And yeah, seeing Sparda being called a boy... so lol, and so in character for Mundus to do so!:lol:

Mmmmhh, I was thinking, Mundus calls humans "miserable playthings of a bored creator"... do you think this is some god that created both humans and demons, or the creator is a demon (probably Mundus himself)?

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
To be fair, do we know how old either of them are? Mundus could be calling him boy because as far as he's concerned he IS a boy to him.

aoshi

To be fair, do we know how old either of them are? Mundus could be calling him boy because as far as he's concerned he IS a boy to him.

If sparda was a boy, Mundus , a demon emperor , getting his ass kicked by a boy is hard to comprehend.>_<. Mundus, would need to re-evaluate himself as a demon emperor.

And let's not make david-goliath comparison here, There was a supernatural entity that supposedly guided david but sparda never had any guidance and was suicidal.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Well, calling someone a boy is a way of teasing him, somehow insulting him. I think in this case Mundus, who, being a demon king, should be considered stronger and probablay older, is trying to tease Sparda about this, I think.

Then yes, Mundus being defeated by someone who should supposedly be weaker is a sign that Sparda is an exceptional creature, I think.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
the original description of the legend of Sparda seems to imply that Mundus was relatively young. it starts with Mundus' birth 2000 years ago. and later descriptions continue to use the phrase 2000 years ago to describe the legend even if it is focused on later events. even the sealing of the Temen-ni-gru is said to happen 2000 years ago. even if the term isn't intended to be exact it seems to imply that there wasn't much time between those two events ( i would probably have to be less than 100 years difference for the same phase to be valid). and since Mundus is still alive now that is clearly a short span of time for a demon. and there is no implication that Sparda was young and since he was described as the greatest swordsmen in the demon world he probably had a decent amount of experience. so looking at all of the details it seems like Sparda was probably significantly older than Mundus.

Prowler

I have been looking for this, but I couldn't find it anywhere until now. Thanks for share. By the way, where can I read whole comic book. Anyone knows ?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I have been looking for this, but I couldn't find it anywhere until now. Thanks for share. By the way, where can I read whole comic book. Anyone knows ?
I haven't seen any offical digital release of this. And you'd be lucky to find the comics on ebay seeingas they are quite rare. However, I have seen a few pages of it on Deviant art due to the artists being asked to do tester pages for it.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
This is from a comic made by some guy and it was basically a comic book adaptation of DMC1 that was never finished. It went pretty far too.

Top Bottom