• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sparda: A man of wealth and Taste?

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Ok, honestly, how much money did Sparda have? In the old series, his clothes are implied to be Top of the line materials, and in the new one, he has a friggin' mansion!

And if he's rich, how come Dante's eternally broke?

Onecrazymonkey1

I guess Dante is broke because he grew up in many institutions and orphanages. I really don't understand why Sparda didn't leave his kids with someone he could trust, someone he knew could take care of them over just dumping them off and hoping they got adopted into a good home. I mean Vergil got lucky and that was great but I would think Sparda would have put more thought into their well being. I'm sure Sparda also accumulated his wealth over the years; being a several thousand year old demon has it's advantages and being Mundus's right hand man I'm sure also had it's perks. As for putting an exact number on how much he had, who knows?

That's just my take.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
~ponders~ was always under the impression that was Arkham's place, not Vergil's, since his wife Kalina Ann was shown present there in the manga
Me too. But I still find it strange that Vergil was hanging out at Arkham's house...maybe even staying there?:/

I guess Dante is broke because he grew up in many institutions and orphanages. I really don't understand why Sparda didn't leave his kids with someone he could trust, someone he knew could take care of them over just dumping them off and hoping they got adopted into a good home. I mean Vergil got lucky and that was great but I would think Sparda would have put more thought into their well being. I'm sure Sparda also accumulated his wealth over the years; being a several thousand year old demon has it's advantages and being Mundus's right hand man I'm sure also had it's perks. As for putting an exact number on how much he had, who knows?

That's just my take.
I'm going with this idea too. Also, I don't understand why he dumped them like that. Maybe he was in a hurry? Byy that I mean, maybe Mundus was already tracking him down so he did what he could.
The least Sparda could have done was left them a trust fund or some kind of bank account in their name.

As for money, I guess he did profit from what Mundus was doing and probably got his money the same way Mundus did from screwing over humans with debt....until he had a change of heart.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Me too. But I still find it strange that Vergil was hanging out at Arkham's house...maybe even staying there?:/

Well, if they've become co-cospiritors, makes sense for Vergil to use Arkham's resources, including abodes.

I'm going with this idea too. Also, I don't understand why he dumped them like that. Maybe he was in a hurry? Byy that I mean, maybe Mundus was already tracking him down so he did what he could.
The least Sparda could have done was left them a trust fund or some kind of bank account in their name.
Are we talking DMC Sparda or DmC Sparda? Because I would imagine Sparda had built up fortunes during 2k years on the human plane in DMC classic, which would have left Eva, and thus the twins, with a LOT of money that Dante probably didn't know about until he remembered who he was in the novel. And honestly, I still call the "debt" in the anime Kobayashi's private joke and playing on the anime stereotype of the moneygrubbing woman who manipulates people to give her more money, ala Nabiki from Ranma 1/2.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Good point. I just didn't think Vergil would be able to stand being around Arkham in that kind of way considering how Vergil stabbed the guy.>_<
Are we talking DMC Sparda or DmC Sparda? Because I would imagine Sparda had built up fortunes during 2k years on the human plane in DMC classic, which would have left Eva, and thus the twins, with a LOT of money that Dante probably didn't know about until he remembered who he was in the novel. And honestly, I still call the "debt" in the anime Kobayashi's private joke and playing on the anime stereotype of the moneygrubbing woman who manipulates people to give her more money, ala Nabiki from Ranma 1/2.
I was on about DmC Sparda there, but classic Sparda; I'd still say if he did leave all that money, then did either of them use it? Or is it like you say- that the debt was a joke.

Plus, do we know much about how the classic twins grew up? I know in the anime there was an episode about Dante's childhood, but is that cannon?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Yeah, the anime is canon, especially since Kobayashi was supervisor and wrote a couple episodes, one of which I believe was "Once upon a time". And despite what Dante kept saying, the fact that "Little Anthony" had white hair, just like Dante, was hunted by demons, just like Dante, and Dante knew about where the "treasure" was buried, it all means he was denying his own past...as usual.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
~ponders~ was always under the impression that was Arkham's place, not Vergil's, since his wife Kalina Ann was shown present there in the manga
Strange. I only remember Alice as the only human female being present in the manor.

Did Kalina Ann shared the same pulchritude as her daughter?

ChibiVerg

Vergil: Small and Cute.
Ehh when it comes to DmC Sparda I think there just wasn't any time for him to set up trust funds and secret stashes of money for his sons. Dante was unlucky ( or probably put in harsh living conditions by Mundus) and just grew up on the street with bad luck. Plus I guess how he grew made him spend money easily on drinks, girls and whatever else he thought was cool. Vergil was lucky plus is a talented hacker and made millions with a software he wrote before graduating school.... Sooooo DmC wise Sparda may have been rich but considering Mundus being king of hell and debt probably took all of that money back (evil evil tax man).

But I mean hey! On the bright side Dante some how got a pretty nice trailer, with Cable!

Top Bottom