• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
This is to discuss the other Marvel movies Sony has on the docket. Those include Morbius, Kraven, Madame Web, Black Cat, Silk etc.

@absolitude @Morgan
You guys can continue your talk here.

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Oh nice.

I didn't have much else to say after that last post. I guess we wait until more news comes out about all these respective movies.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Morbius (2022)

Teaser Trailer released a year ago.

New Footage released 6 months ago along with an intro by star Jared Leto.

Teaser Breakdown.

PS. I'm hoping Jared Harris is playing Dr. Warren aka The Jackal in Morbius.

@absolitude

These are some villians who could pop up in a future Morbius film.

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021

Morbius Still On Track for January 2022 Release, Not in the MCU Despite Claims [Update]

Update 6/15 2:09 pm PT:

Despite the claims by co-star Tyrese Gibson that Morbius has been delayed again to October 2022 and will be a part of the MCU, reports have confirmed that this is not the case.

According to GameSpot, Sony Pictures confirmed that Morbius is still on track to be released on January 28, 2022. Furthermore, Morbius will not join the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Instead, it will remain rooted in Sony Pictures' rival Marvel universe.

Oh, good.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I don't want him to be the main villian but him popping up is a good sign.

This is a fun list outside the last three choices.

There are some more interesting choices here.

@Morgan
Just make it a part of the multiverse and call it a day.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Sony should adapt these guys. They are a fun group of C-list superheroes that have potential. Sony owns the rights and Fiege is less likely to use them.

They are also born out of a storyline where Spider-Man was accused of murder. Peter dawns these 4 new costumes in order to investigate the conspiracy. You could bring Tobey Macguire back as a older Spider-Man that's a reluctant mentor to these 4 new heroes.

just a thought.

@absolitude

I guess its gonna happen sooner or later.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Jackpot was a new character was hinted at being Mary Jane Watson. She isn't but I'd be interested in a story were she was MJ. It could be a Spider-Gwen style flick where MJ becomes a superhero. I'm open to Zendaya, Shailene Woodley, or Kirsten Dunst reprising their role.

I'd adapt the 90's cartoon take on Black Cat. She'd start out as a college girl whose dad was a cat burglar. Peter tries to mentor her as she seeks revenge for her father's death. They fall in love but it doesn't last.

If Sony wants a Black Cat spinoff, that could still work with this setup. Instead of being an alternate universe it's an offscreen adventures. Most heist films don't have interesting villians so you could just dust some z-list villian like the Chance. You just need someone threathening and connected enough to be a threat.

Goldsickle

Good, so the movie Morbius is more like his original "vampire" self that sucks blood with his fangs.

And not that "censored" version where he sucks "blood plasma" through his palms.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Dakota Johnson gets cast as Madame Web. Whose probably gonna be a mix of these two characters.

Madame Webb is probably gonna be the Nick Fury character- bringing the other characters together for the inevitable team-up film.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

This is just getting ridiculous...lol

I'm all for giving lesser known characters a shot but this is a stretch. However I'm curious about what Glover would do with the film as I love his TV show Atlanta.

I rather he was playing the Prowler instead. You have a stronger character with a connection to Miles Morales. It feels like a more practical choice.

I'm hoping the character's design is like this fanart.

Maybe Sony should look at indie directors to give themselves an edge?

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I figured out what they should do with Jackpot.

She was an obscure superhero hinted to be Mary Jane Watson. So the movie could just follow that plot thread further.

You got two good options in Zendeya and Shailene Woodley.

Last edited:
Top Bottom