• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sony Unveils PSP Remaster Series for PS3

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Sony will be bringing classic PlayStation Portable titles to PlayStation 3 as part of a new PSP Remaster lineup. The company announced the series today along with its first major release.
PSP Remaster offers PSP titles remastered for play on the PS3. The games are spruced up with full HD visuals, compatibility with Dual Shock 3, PS3 exclusive content, 3D support, and other features.

The PSP and PS3 versions of the game also share save data. Sony says that this could allow you to play a game on the PSP while on the go, then continue playing when you return home.

The PS3 versions are also compatible with Sony's Ad Hoc Party for PlayStation Portable service for network play. This free PS3 app normally allows local play PSP titles to use the PS3 as a proxy for true online play.

The series will kick off first in Japan through sales of Blu-ray Disc titles, Sony said. The wording of Sony's statement suggests that the series will also be released internationally and will also see some games offered in download form. The press release did not explicitly mention these areas, though.

For the series' first title, Sony has a biggie. As detailed earlier today, Capcom will release a PS3 version of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd under the name Monster Hunter Portable HD. The 4.5 million selling PSP title will feature 3D support, HD visuals and shared save files with the PSP, and will see release this summer.

For more details on the Monster Hunter conversion, see this story.

Source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/22/psp_remaster_series/

Awesome. Here is my list of PSP games that should be remastered for PS3:

1. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
2. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
3. Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
4. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
5. Final Fantasy Type-0
6. God of War: Ghost of Sparta
7. God of War: Chains of Olympus
8. Killzone: Liberation
9. Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
10. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
11. Dissidia Final Fantasy
12. Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
13. Resistance: Retribution

aka958

Don't trust people
YES!
YES!
YES!

Thanks CM for these wonderful news. I would've add a list of my own but you brought up all those I can think of at the moment. o.o

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
So the dream of PS 3 version of both Dissidia's are real. Some my friends with PS 3 will be happy :)

Meg

Yay! Yet another reason for people to not bother with the PSP! :D Great idea Sony, bury your poor little handheld even more than you already did by making it completely worthless to actually own one! :D

aka958

Don't trust people
it wouldn't make sense to get BOTH dissidias because duodecim has the first one in it...just saying

Kinda true.

But the first one has different equip effects, no assists, no rules, another approach of the story, Duel Colliseum, and different mechanics. Alot of those mechanics I miss from it actually. <.<

Top Bottom