• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sonic's 20th Anniversary

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Sonic 'Generations' to be unveiled for 20th anniversary
Sega say they're going to start celebrating Sonic's 20th birthday tomorrow, April 7 - with some speculating that they might unveil something called Sonic Generations.

The reports are all a little vague on detail and big on supposition, but here's what we know for sure - today, Sega wrote on the official Sonic Facebook page: 'Sonic's 20th Anniversary is this year, but SEGA start celebrating on Thurs 7th April - and you'll only find out how here on Facebook!'
The very fist Sonic The Hedgehog game was released on June 23 1991, so Sonic's still a few months away from his official birthday - which raises the question of exactly how Sega plans to start 'celebrating' his birthday.
Meanwhile, investigative Twitterer Superannuation spotted that Sega had registered two new domains - sonicgenerations.com and sonic-generations.com. Thus raising the distinct possibility that something called 'Sonic Generations' could be heading our way. And that does sound rather like the sort of name a 20th anniversary product might have - whether a new game, or more likely a collection of old ones.
We reported last year that Sega might be planning 'to release a game that recreates a number of classic levels and games in both 2D and 3D.'
Of course, this is all speculation - and we'll find out what Sega actually have planned tomorrow.

Massive sonic fan, i can't wait to see what they come out with.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
This is great news I'm a Sonic fan myself too, but not realy since S:Adventure 2 people say I look like Knuckles :D I think it's the nose.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I thought he was older than 20? I got my Megadrive in '92 and Sonic 2 was being released. Looking back I assumed he Master System Sonic game came first, a good few years before, but I don't think it did actually? Hmmmmmm I'm prob wrong. I'm also thinking out loud! Anyway yay for Sonic! I'm replaying some of the games on the Xbox at the minute and they are really hard! I don't play games like I used to! :)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I completed Sonic Adventure 2 battle on the gamecube... for difficulty that was a bitch!
The first sonic is 1991. As for the Master System, it must've been released at the same time

Top Bottom