• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sonic The Hedgehog Thread

Super90sgamer

Ah yea! Finally I decided to make this which discuss about any news of Sonic whatever be a games, Movies, etc...

So I begin with first news, SEGA announced today about a new game for their blue hedgehog Sonic "Sonic Boom" which is coming for Wii U & 3DS, Also based on the upcoming TV show.
Also, SEGA said that the game's developer are Big Red Button which is had a completely different experience to previous Sonic games. However, the company claimed that it intended first and foremost to preserve the most important characteristic of Sonic and which is the element of speed in his games.

Last edited:

Super90sgamer

Takashi Iizuka cleared that Sonic Boom which is developed by Big Red Button & Sanzaru Games won't come in Japan, Explaining it will only available for westarn market and Team Sonic still continue to develop sonic games.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/07/sonic-boom-sonic-the-hedgehogs-shocking-reinvention

Its interesting to say the least. I never thought Sonic had a in-depth canon so I was surprised by it being rebooted. Granted Sonic games have gone into how the universe was created and certain aspects of the back-story like the robotnik family history was detailed and the whole sordid past of Knuckle's clan on Angel island.

So if Sonic Boom is good, then i won't mind. I was mistaken earlier because i meant continuity as most of the sonic games tend to be stand alone and its been years since we've seen the beginnings of Sonic so I wouldn't mind seeing a new take on these characters.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/07/sonic-boom-sonic-the-hedgehogs-shocking-reinvention

Its interesting to say the least. I never thought Sonic had a in-depth canon so I was surprised by it being rebooted. Granted Sonic games have gone into how the universe was created and certain aspects of the back-story like the robotnik family history was detailed and the whole sordid past of Knuckle's clan on Angel island.

So if Sonic Boom is good, then i won't mind. I was mistaken earlier because i meant continuity as most of the sonic games tend to be stand alone and its been years since we've seen the beginnings of Sonic so I wouldn't mind seeing a new take on these characters.
The Mario universe is believed to have an in-depth canon as well, like each Mario game including the sports games, the dance games, etc. Hell, even Mario Party has in-depth canon where Wario was the canon Super Star. Yeah...

Compared to Sonic, however, Sonic has a much more in-depth background, story, and continuity compared to Mario which when you think about it, has as much canon as Family Guy, Looney Tunes, and tons of other wacky cartoons. Sonic would be like Futurama or something where there's a story, but since most of the events are kind of strange, sometimes unrelated, or completely crazy, it's taken loosely. I wonder if Pong and Tetris have canon? I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The Mario universe is believed to have an in-depth canon as well, like each Mario game including the sports games, the dance games, etc. Hell, even Mario Party has in-depth canon where Wario was the canon Super Star. Yeah...

Compared to Sonic, however, Sonic has a much more in-depth background, story, and continuity compared to Mario which when you think about it, has as much canon as Family Guy, Looney Tunes, and tons of other wacky cartoons. Sonic would be like Futurama or something where there's a story, but since most of the events are kind of strange, sometimes unrelated, or completely crazy, it's taken loosely. I wonder if Pong and Tetris have canon? I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
you learn new things everyday :eek::D

thw WiiU version is done by BigredButton a new game company that is head up by Bob Raffei who is a Naughty Dog Veteran developer (working from Crash to the first Uncharted) and the 3ds version is done by Sanzaru games with its own unique plot and setting. :eek:

Top Bottom