• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sonic 06 possibly has one of the greatest video soundtracks ever made...

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I'm pretty sure that many of you are very familiar with the game 'Sonic The Hedgehog', the first Sonic game to be released on the new Nex-Gen consoles in the year of 2006. There was a huge hype for the game, huge promotion events, huge everything for this game. But what we got was a train-wreck of glitches, bad story, annoying side-quests, and so many other bad things. I personally enjoyed the game, It was my first game for my Xbox 360 when I was in fifth grade. But I am wise enough to know that it is a bad game. But what this game did get right, is the soundtrack.

When you take the soundtrack into a musical perspective, it is brilliant. Possibly one of the best soundtracks for a 3D plat-former ever made, hell even in gaming. Each track is varied and different from the rest, retaining its own vibe and flair. There wasn't a single time in the game when I thought that the music was boring or repetitive. The soundtrack features 80+ tracks, which is the biggest selection of music in a sonic game by far. While Jun Senoue stepped in to produce the memorable music for the Sonic Adventure series, Sonic Team had wanted to do something a bit different and more complex. Every track within the game has been carefully composed and many of which are beyond complex and elaborate. This is probably my favorite video game soundtrack, ever. While this game isn't worth playing, the music certainly is worth listening to.

Listen to these from start to finish. These are just a few of these amazing tracks. Oh, and lets try to keep this thread on the topic of the Sonic 06 soundtrack. No need to derail things.
watch

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's true. I believe most Sonic fans will agree that while Sonic 06 was bad (I however liked the game) its music was epicly good. His World has sooo many remixs its confusing!

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
I agree 100 percent. Sonic 06 had so much great music. I was really upset that it went out the way it did. It had the setup to be a fantastic game too. *Sigh* ah well. My favorite was Dreams of an Absolution instrumental (someone had made a instrumental of Silver's theme or something like that but still) and His World the instrumental version.

His World, and the last boss theme which is a remix of his world are the only songs I liked. Sonic next generation has a pretty bland soundtrack.

And the dreams of an absolution remixes that came out of it were alright too.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Well just because a game is full of bugs and is outright broken doesn't mean the soundtrack will be bad too.

Unless the game breaks the soundtrack. Which is something 06 somehow manages to avoid.

...i think.

Top Bottom