• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So, why is this place so barren?

berto

I Saw the Devil
It's something that's kinda been bugging me for a while.

Since this page is the the name of the game plus .org why is it that it's so void of content? We got the forum and a few articles but that seems to be it. I always figured since we got the name and page one on google search that we'd have tons of material to go around for each game but we never really have, at least as long as I've been here, but I always figured it'd eventually would get more stuff. I know that there are other places that have more, like the wiki and other fansites, but I always thought that since we lucked out with the name we should have been the one stop for all DMC things for anyone looking for it.

We do have plenty scattered around the forums but it's not exactly organized or easy for anyone coming to find what they might be looking for and when there were sections for the games there wasn't a much content as there could've been.

Is it a financial issue? Is there just a general lack of interest? Is that just me and no one else really cares? Or is it because there are other places with more resources?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Beats me and I now feel like going to these other places.

This place and its not just the content but just in general is extremely dull and boring now compared to like 5-6 months ago and beyond.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think its cause interest has waned or people dont really have content to put forward.

but what do you mean by content tho?

aoshi

What are you talking about????

Earlier, URL www.devilmaycry.org would direct to a home page with news feed. Now, It redirects to forums which is discussions primarly for consumers. But we still have HOME tab on top which redirects to whatever 'Devil may cry' related.Since we don't have any news on DMC , We get miscellaneous stuff forum related or devil may cry related. Its the case with any site. Hell, Devil-lair does not have forums anymore but has miscellaneous stuff.

This forum is most organized i have ever been and i have been on couple others which were i would call disorganized.

There was earlier a site with URL ending .com but was hardly updated with stuff any DMC gamer would know.

Besides, the site jus got a make-over.o_O

And there's official capcom-unity.com

It's not steve's fault to register domain-name with devilmaycry.org.Ours is an unofficial site. There's nowhere mentioned as official source for Devil May Cry.:meh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Gel

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
There hasn't been much news to anything related to the series so I suppose people will come when they hear of something and want to discuss it here. Who knows, it'll probably pick up again if the desire to do another DMC increases, with the rumors of DMC5 wanting to happen by producers and such.

I haven't been on here much because of certain a**holes taking the fun and enjoyment away from the site. I know I shouldn't let a few bad apples spoil any of my fun, but it didn't seem worth being here with them hovering and undermining opinions nearly every time something DMC 4 vs DmC, etc was related. But that's just me.

Last edited:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Everyone has probably talked about the same thing over and over again, there are only so many times that we can all talk about the same thing.
There is nothing new about DMC or DmC. The topic is going to get slow, old and stale.
How many times since DmC came out have we had 3 threads about one thing (I can think of a few). Go and start a few threads about something we have all talked about before if it makes anyone feel better.
There is a 'search' thing where you can find certain threads (at least there was, the last time that I checked).
Also I don't mean to sound rude, but if I don't like a site, I don't go on it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
but what do you mean by content tho?
Things DMC related. Videos, images, sounds, writing, the works.

What are you talking about????

Earlier, URL www.devilmaycry.org would direct to a home page with news feed. Now, It redirects to forums which is discussions primarly for consumers. But we still have HOME tab on top which redirects to whatever 'Devil may cry' related.Since we don't have any news on DMC , We get miscellaneous stuff forum related or devil may cry related. Its the case with any site. Hell, Devil-lair does not have forums anymore but has miscellaneous stuff.

This forum is most organized i have ever been and i have been on couple others which were i would call disorganized.

There was earlier a site with URL ending .com but was hardly updated with stuff any DMC gamer would know.

Besides, the site jus got a make-over.o_O

And there's official capcom-unity.com

It's not steve's fault to register domain-name with devilmaycry.org.Ours is an unofficial site. There's nowhere mentioned as official source for Devil May Cry.:meh:
What? I didn't say that the forums were disorganized I said that there isn't much here outside of the forums. I also don't mean that there has to be official content just content outside the forums.

You know where I go to learn advanced combat tactics for Vergil? /vg/'s cuhrayzee general. When I wanted to know how to SS stage 3 of DMC3 on normal and not DMD and the requirements to S rank mission 5 in DMC1 I went to PhantomBabies. For other DMC videos I go to youtube, images are all over the place, articles and interviews I go via google, little known facts, game scripts, comics, manga, trivia, music, hidden red orb locations, and all other DMC related things are spread across a vast number of places and I always find myself surprised of DMC things I didn't know because there was never a place to find them in, it's all over the place. Worst off is that it's provably all in here somewhere but how to know.

Yeah, you can start a thread asking for what you're looking for but I'm not always looking for anything, sometimes I just want to find new things, even if I don't know what they are. For example, if I want to learn to jump cancel I can always post a thread asking, but what if I don't know JC exists? Well, I'll stumble upon it some day, watching combo vids, not been sure what it is the player is doing, and then after looking around for a while learning that that thing been done is called jump cancel, which is very much how I learned it existed.

Don't get me wrong, I love it here, but I always figured that here would eventually get more material, even unofficial things, and we do have a lot but to find it you have to search through the forums and navigate through pages of threads and even if it's there you might never see it because it's in a thread with a title that might not tell you what is inside.

Am I making sense? We have the content but it's not so easy to get to. For DmC reviews, for example, there were a few threads but you can't exactly sticky all of those, it'd be pages of stinky if we went that route, so there could be a section for that under a DmC section, a place for none opinion based subject matter.

I wish I was more articulate and it didn't take me page and a half to explain myself but I does. Judging from the other posts, though, there isn't much interest left, so I guess that answers my question.

aoshi

Things DMC related. Videos, images, sounds, writing, the works.

You know where I go to learn advanced combat tactics for Vergil? /vg/'s cuhrayzee general. When I wanted to know how to SS stage 3 of DMC3 on normal and not DMD and the requirements to S rank mission 5 in DMC1 I went to PhantomBabies. For other DMC videos I go to youtube, images are all over the place, articles and interviews I go via google, little known facts, game scripts, comics, manga, trivia, music, hidden red orb locations, and all other DMC related things

TBH, Even capcom-unity.com does not offer such sources. And its supposedly official source for all capcom related stuff. Heck, if you check their resident evil section, it does not have sections for the earliest /spin-off(most) RE games but one section with general RE discussion.

However, In UBI forums , there is a section for technical help, hints and guide for their games. But its an official forum.

so there could be a section for that under a DmC section, a place for none opinion based subject matter.
I think most reviews are opinionated cuz there is no qualification to review a game. But Chaos Raiden (I wish we had # tags), does review stuff and some of it are stickied. At UBI forums, there is one stickied thread after release of a new game where users can post their reviews in one post. May be we could have something like that. But honestly, No one wants to read a wall of text on internet these days :tongue:.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think most reviews are opinionated cuz there is no qualification to review a game. But Chaos Raiden (I wish we had # tags), does review stuff and some of it are stickied. At UBI forums, there is one stickied thread after release of a new game where users can post their reviews in one post. May be we could have something like that. But honestly, No one wants to read a wall of text on internet these days :tongue:.
I only used reviews as an example. For the reviews I only mean that if some one came in looking to learn about the franchise they'd see something like reviews on a tab and go check 'em, or maybe tutorial on buffering, or an simple strategy to fighting sins.

But, yeah, reading online is taxing, reading paper is less exhausting to the eye. That and putting all that material together would be quite the venture.

Top Bottom