• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

so was Nero as powerful as Sparda

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
i believe it was stated in an interview that end game nero is the same as end game dmc3 dante

So in essence, he's not yet at the same level Sparda was at the pinnacle of his power. Makes sense, since for Dante in DMC3 his inner devil had just been awoken, the same as what Nero experiences in DMC4 when stabbed by Agnus with Yamato in close range.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
in essence he is nowhere even close dmc1 dante is far superior to dmc3 dante in power and he was inferior to sparda and needed his power to defeat mundus dmc4 dante was around equal to sparda or slightly surpassed him i believe as he is stronger again in dmc4 and DMC2 dante is more powerful than sparda nero is nowhere near and i don‘t think he would ever make up the gap as he isnt a half demon like dante or full like sparda

Caiden

in essence he is nowhere even close dmc1 dante is far superior to dmc3 dante in power and he was inferior to sparda and needed his power to defeat mundus dmc4 dante was around equal to sparda or slightly surpassed him i believe as he is stronger again in dmc4 and DMC2 dante is more powerful than sparda nero is nowhere near and i don‘t think he would ever make up the gap as he isnt a half demon like dante or full like sparda

I don't think the amount of demon blood he has means anything. By that logic that would mean Dante should never be able to surpass Sparda since he has half the Demon blood. But it is implied in DMC4 that Dante has become stronger than his father. Also we don't know how strong Nero is by the end of DMC4. He seems to have gotten a power boost at some point before he crushes the savior. I don't think he is near Sparda level but he is a lot stronger by the end of the game than he was at the beginning.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
he is still way off sparda by the end of the game regardless and it was still said he was as strong as end game dmc3 dante and i believe it was one of the writers or creators who said it i will try and find the interview

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Technically, we did see "Sparda" in action, or at least his powers, in the end of the first DMC. Dante even assumes the exact form of his father, i think that the powers were equal there or even more because Dante seems to be that kind of demon that uses the power of other demons infused with his own.

But i don't think that in terms of demonic power Nero is in the same league than Dante or Sparda, he doesn't even have a full devil trigger. The Devil Bringer can have a very high brute force, but Dante has much more going on in terms of usage of demonic power. I think it's fair to remember that Nero depends on Yamato to kinda go full demon.

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
i believe it was stated in an interview that end game nero is the same as end game dmc3 dante
Really? I guess if the devs say that it's true, but end game Dante in DMC3 had a full DT and was clearly more skilled with swords.

Nero has a looong way to go to become anywhere near as powerful as Dante. Dante in DMC4 just radiates power in everything he does; look how much more violent his DT stinger is compared to DMC1/3. And DMC4 isn't even him at his peak - although there's very little[overpowered DT being the only thing] to really indicate it in DMC2, following the logic of "Dante gets more powerful with age" he has to be a lot stronger there.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
well what was said from what i remember was that nero was around end game dmc3 dante in terms of power brute force means nothing as you said dante has a full demon form plus the beowolf gauntlets would greatly amplify dantes striking force then dt and he would be stronger i will look for the interview later and post the link truthfully i dont think nero is anywhere near any of them but that‘s just my own view

Caiden

Everyone should remember that by DMC4 Dante is god tier. He has already surpassed his father who lived for thousands of years. Trying to compare anyone to him doesn't mean much. Also remember that Nero is in the same place Dante was during DMC3.

To put in terms of scaling

DMC3 Dante=<Nero<<Sparda=End game DMC Dante<DMC4 Dante<DMC2 Dante

Some time between DMC and DMC4 Dante learns to create his own Devil trigger without the aid of a Devil arm. This implies that he no longer need his fathers sword to reach his max meaning that he has become stronger that Sparda. Nero is like DMC3 Dante. He needs a Devil arm in order to use his Devil trigger. The only sort of edge Nero has on Dante is in physical strength. Besides that Dante is much more skilled and experienced.

Also I believe that Nero lacks a full DT because he still hasn't excepted his demon side. Despite what he says during mission 6 he still seems reluctant of his demon blood. Only at the very end of the game does he seemed to have excepted what he is.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
another good way of putting it and by DMC2 dante is insane tier ha ha nero is still a powerful guy though all the same

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Just my 1 c: Dante is not necessarily more powerful than Nero because he has more demonic blood. Having power is one thing, knowing how to use it is another. To use example from military aviation, hardly anyone would argue that the F-15 is inferior in air to air combat to F-4 and F-5. Yet USAF instructor pilots flying F-4s and F-5s regularly kicked crap out of their students flying more capable F-14s, F-15s and F-16s. What I am getting at is that Dante is more powerful than Nero simply because he is more experienced. Plus, I'd say that there is more to buying experience by slaying demons and progressing through game than simple gameplay mechanic - it is a representation of learning new moves and skills on the fly, though probably thoroughly compressed.

Top Bottom