• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So just started playing the SC2 Campaign

Nessy

And I have to say that I am both impressed and surprised at how well done it is. It very well incorporates both the rts and popular rpg elements that gamers seem to love, and it does so with having at least a tinge of difficulty. 25 missions, including 4 different arcs and 1 main line, a secret mission, and choices that affect what units you have, and the story of characters round about you. The storyline follows quite well for those of you that care, and stays at a level of detail that keeps it interesting yet not overwhelming.

Of course the game does not come without much criticism. The difficulty of missions is heavily dependent on the order of which you try to do them in (which you can't know on your first playthrough) due to different missions unlocking different techs/units. An annoying default of lower gamespeed than online play on casual/normal mode (brutal and hard are at the correct speed), an a secret mission which you can't play unless you unlock it, which you could easily miss.

All in all I would say it is very well done, and I definitely am not easily pleased when it comes to games. I have done 20 missions on brutal so far, not as challenging as I would have liked but oh well, it passes the time.

On another note it seems blizzard has reset my rank, so I am no longer in diamond league (fair enough since i've not played for ages). Nice that they gave me a feat of strength to prove it at least.

Anyone else given it a go? Any opinions etc?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Agreed, the SC2 campaign is very well put together for an RTS and it just shows the sort of drive Blizzard have to put together such a well told story with some pretty enjoyable missions to boot.

On the note of your rank, it was reset because the ladder season ended, everyone's rank was wiped as a sort of fresh start when the new season began, play one game and the system will redetermine your rank based on past games and how you played before.

Nessy

actually I have 5 games to play since I stopped playing just before the end of the first season, before they put master and grandmaster in.

Top Bottom