• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So I think I'm Asexual

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
If you think you're asexual, then you're asexual. Only you can know that. Sexuality is a complicated subject, so maybe you need to do some research of your own to figure it out for yourself.

If you're deciding to be asexual because of this guy you posted about before, the guy who's messed with your feelings and hurt you, then maybe you should take some time to really think if you're just deciding to be asexual because of a bad experience. Asexuality is usually something that is there from birth, a total absence of sexual desire and feelings towards people of either gender. Sometimes this can also include an absence of romantic feelings too.

Asexual people I know have never had an interest in sexual things-- ever. Some of them tried to be heterosexual, homosexual or lesbian to see if that was what they liked, but they just didn't like it, or it disgusted them, or they felt nothing.
If that does describes you, if you've been feeling like that all your life, then you could be asexual, but only you know that.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Being asexual doesn't mean he/she hasn´t a libido.It could mean that person just doesn't want or just doesn't want to have sexual partnerships or sexual affairs with other people, but they could have romantic feelings or even sexual and physical attractions and being asexual is a sexual option as any other.
The most important is that you should feel good with your own sexuality, whatever your option is and now there is plenty of information about asexuality, so you can check if that is what you want or you even can share your experiences or doubts with people who feel the same as you.

Be happy!

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Being asexual doesn't mean he/she hasn´t a libido.It could mean that person just doesn't want or just doesn't want to have sexual partnerships or sexual affairs with other people, but they could have romantic feelings or even sexual and physical attractions and being asexual is a sexual option as any other.
The most important is that you should feel good with your own sexuality, whatever your option is and now there is plenty of information about asexuality, so you can check if that is what you want or you even can share your experiences or doubts with people who feel the same as you.

Be happy!
There are a lot of different ways when it comes to asexuality. Like you say, there can be romantic feelings, or a need for companionship, or maybe attraction, but no need for sex with another person.

Thinking about it, I have heard of women who realise after being married and having children, they discover they are lesbians later in life. The same could be said for asexuality too. I guess it's about discovering what you like and don't like, and then going for it.
Sometimes it can take years to work out sexuality, especially when there is still the idea that being heterosexual, married and with children is the 'right' way to live. So then you have people forcing themselves to be hetero when they could be bi, or gay or lesbian, or asexual, or transgender. At least people are becoming more open about sexuality and all the different options available. It saves a lot of people being unhappy if they're living a lie and trying to be something they just aren't.

Meg

*cough*I'm asexual*cough*

It's not something other people can answer for you. But I can help you figure it out. Ask yourself this question:

Have I ever experienced sexual desire and/or attraction? How much/often?

Asexuality is the lack of sexual attraction/desire. People who experience a small amount of either/both are often called Gray-A. Demisexuality is developing sexual desires only after you've known someone for a while and have romantic feelings for them.

You can check out this website for more info: asexuality.org The organization is called AVEN.

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
If you think you're asexual, then you're asexual. Only you can know that. Sexuality is a complicated subject, so maybe you need to do some research of your own to figure it out for yourself.

If you're deciding to be asexual because of this guy you posted about before, the guy who's messed with your feelings and hurt you, then maybe you should take some time to really think if you're just deciding to be asexual because of a bad experience. Asexuality is usually something that is there from birth, a total absence of sexual desire and feelings towards people of either gender. Sometimes this can also include an absence of romantic feelings too.

Asexual people I know have never had an interest in sexual things-- ever. Some of them tried to be heterosexual, homosexual or lesbian to see if that was what they liked, but they just didn't like it, or it disgusted them, or they felt nothing.
If that does describes you, if you've been feeling like that all your life, then you could be asexual, but only you know that.
Well the reason why I put this up is because I was raped when I was little and I have had sex before with only 1 person and now I just don't really like it. It doesn't feel good to me and I don't really feel any sexual desires towards anyone. And no I'm done with that guy. Ugh! To much drama. So I'm just going to be single for awhile longer. Don't need anyone right now. I need to figure my own life and myself out.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Well the reason why I put this up is because I was raped when I was little and I have had sex before with only 1 person and now I just don't really like it. It doesn't feel good to me and I don't really feel any sexual desires towards anyone. And no I'm done with that guy. Ugh! To much drama. So I'm just going to be single for awhile longer. Don't need anyone right now. I need to figure my own life and myself out.
Good to know you're done with that guy. Last time you posted about him, you said you would try and help him. So it's good to know he won't be messing with your life again.

And if you don't like sex as a result of rape...have you spoken to a trained professional? Like a councilor or therapist? Maybe both? They'd be able to help you work out any remaining trauma and help you to move on with life. It could be a case of resolving what happened in your past, then you can start to build good romantic relationships with people instead of putting up with weirdos.

From the other things you've posted on this forum, it sounds like you've had a rough time of it. First that so-called 'freind' sending you those weird sex relatioship messages, expecting you to solver her problem; then that guy who messed with your feelings after 2 months of knowing you (what a jerk) and then made you feel small; and you saying about how people want to change you; and now you say you were raped.
I think you should take your own advice from this thread and go to Maui. http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/moving-to-maui.14811/
Seems like you really want to go. I think you should. Like you said in the thread, you would be thinking 'what if' if you do not go. Plus, you'd get time by yourself, away from weird guys and fake friends. Maybe you'd be able to live your own life there and be happy.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
you are what you are. if you feel strongly about this, then go ahead. do it. and if you aren't then you'll know soon enough. as long as you're comfortable, then all is fine right?

Top Bottom