• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SO, I have nothing left to do

Nessy

I'm down to 1 game of football a week, I am unemployed, and basically have far too much spare time on my hands. I need a new game to play.

I've been searching for a game that is an action/adventure (I enjoyed the first 2 silent hill games) with puzzles in it. However, all the games that are alike sh have almost no puzzles in it what-so-ever, are you basically just walk around picking up objects and rubbing them against other objects. If you have any single player games you recommend (preferably not level based grindy rpgs) please post them :)

I have a ventrilo and if anyone wants to play/get into any of the following games feel free to message me. Doesn't matter if you suck:

Starcraft 2 (I am about to reinstall)
Quake Live (Preferably have some experience here lol)
CSS (could do some mixes)
Heroes of Newerth (it's free now)

If anyone else plays other multiplayer games please post, there is a half decent chance that I have played/play them.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
Have you tried open freeform games like elder scrolls: Morrowind and Oblivion? They're pretty involving and offer a wide range of challenges and "puzzles." Puzzles in this case being the ability to find a way to solve quests in certain ways so as not to create unneeded havoc or whatever. Trust me, quests in these two games have you running the gambit from straight up assassin's creed "go kill someone without getting noticed by anyone in broad dayligh in the middle of town " to "rebuild half a city to further your cause while demolishing someone else's city. While not being directly tied to said city's destruction" to traditional "go get me stuff and I give you gold or stuff you need."

LoL

aka958

Don't trust people
LEGEND OF ZELDA!
No, it has not epic puzzles like Silent Hill. I don't know what has. <.<

When it comes to adventure games I think Nintendo is one of the biggest providers. Most games on the PS3 and the 360 have that same dark style and graphic, like it's trying to reach a realistic graphic. Games like Super Mario Galaxy are amazing in just the way everything looks, something alot more creative imo. Makes games like these epic adventure games. o.o

Nessy

Yeah, I've played both morrowind and oblivion, too much grind and the first person view with the slashy control scheme thing doesn't do it for me. I don't enjoy RPGs that can instantly kill you without you really knowing as well. Once in oblivion I opened a door and got arrested for it.

Also, I don't own any consoles lol, so anything would have to be PC, and yes i've played a bunch of the zelda games.

Nessy

it's an rpg...and i've played it.

Plus there are plenty of games on the pc, I don't know why people think there aren't

aka958

Don't trust people
it's an rpg...and i've played it.

Plus there are plenty of games on the pc, I don't know why people think there aren't

Puzzle adventure games.

Find these kinds of games on a PC that isn't for small kids or are arcade games, list them up.

Main source of those games are on consoles. There are plenty of PC games, but not as many of those you were asking for.

Nessy

depends what you mean by puzzle adventure, I meant lke silent hill, in which case the sh series and re series are on pc.

Point and clcik adventure games like broken sword, discworld etc are all on pc also.

And any game that is old enough or older than than the PS1 I could just use an emulator for...if I were so inclined

aka958

Don't trust people
yeh I know, and they are both on the PC

It's not the genre of "adventure" and "puzzling". That which of you requested. It's mostly Survival Horror, Resident Evil with minimal puzzle elements and Silent Hill alot bigger ones.

Top Bottom