• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So how many of you think Nero is actually Vergils son?

Dariuspootisperson

I know it was never really confirmed or unconfirmed but there was the fact that Neros devil trigger looking like the sprit of nelo angelo was behind him
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc481/killerbumble/neroangelo.jpg

And then there was the novel that expanded the plot of dmc 4,

http://devils-lair.org/random/pictures/dmc4novel_cover.jpg

deadly fortune where we supposedly found out about vergil had come to fortuna city to find out more about spardas past when he was there he had done the deed with a lady of the night (nudge nudge wink wink say no more say no more) and nero was the aftermath the book even went into detail of how nero got his devil bringer after a demon attack on the city but back to the question at hand.

Who here thinks Nero is Vergils son? Is it bulltrolp or what?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
1429754-1253930_this_thread_again_super_super.jpg

No offense, but this thread has been appearing over and over again on the DMC4 forum, and it's pretty much left at possible answers and no confirmation.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
It appears that Capcom intended to make Nero Vergil's son but they never made it official and it wouldn't make sense if they did.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I would say Nero was meant to be vergil's kid by the creators but they backed away from it either by design to leave that thread open for dmc5 or just a disagreement.

so right now, nero's origins are a free for all.

i wouldnt say him being vergil's kid doesnt make sense as you can rationalize it quite easily but they messed up the timeline so thats in question.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I would say Nero was meant to be vergil's kid by the creators but they backed away from it either by design to leave that thread open for dmc5 or just a disagreement.

so right now, nero's origins are a free for all.

i wouldnt say him being vergil's kid doesnt make sense as you can rationalize it quite easily but they messed up the timeline so thats in question.

How so???

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
i think someone in capcom said that DMC4 takes places a year after DMC1 or something.

The same way they said Nero was Vergil's son and you or someone said its not relevant if its not confirmed. Besides it was never really stated how far DMC1 & DMC4 were apart...I heard DMC4 was 3-5 years after DMC1. Besides some random Capcom worker can say one thing but the actually game developers can do something else. Its not an error/fact if they didn't apply it into the final product.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The same way they said Nero was Vergil's son and you or someone said its not relevant if its not confirmed. Besides it was never really stated how far DMC1 & DMC4 were apart...I heard DMC4 was 3-5 years after DMC1. Besides some random Capcom worker can say one thing but the actually game developers can do something else. Its not an error/fact if they didn't apply it into the final product.
fair enough.

But i think the evidence tying him to Vergil is circumstancial as they are just Sanctus's assumptions and can easily be disproven.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
fair enough.

But i think the evidence tying him to Vergil is circumstancial as they are just Sanctus's assumptions and can easily be disproven.

If Capcom wants to but they'll need to come up with another way of explaining who Nero is. Capcom has already dug the Nero is Vergil's son hole that its too deep unless if Nero is Dante's son or Sparda's other son or Sparda had another kid who gave birth to Nero.......any other explanation would be too retarded if done wrong.....maybe Nero being created from Sparda's DNA in some way or some sh*t can work but its Capcom they take the most obvious and easiest route when it comes to story telling.

Just Sanctus's assumptions???

So him looking like Dante/Vergil
Being able to awaken Yamato and use it
Containing Sparda's blood

Aren't factors at all.........Sanctus's assumptions is just the result of an obvious observation. If all the hints to Nero = Vergil's son were in the final game, would we be having all this conversation?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
If Capcom wants to but they'll need to come up with another way of explaining who Nero is. Capcom has already dug the Nero is Vergil's son hole that its too deep unless if Nero is Dante's son or Sparda's other son or Sparda had another kid who gave birth to Nero.......any other explanation would be too retarded if done wrong.....maybe Nero being created from Sparda's DNA in some way or some sh*t can work but its Capcom they take the most obvious and easiest route when it comes to story telling.

Just Sanctus's assumptions???

So him looking like Dante/Vergil
Being able to awaken Yamato and use it
Containing Sparda's blood

Aren't factors at all.........Sanctus's assumptions is just the result of an obvious observation. If all the hints to Nero = Vergil's son were in the final game, would we be having all this conversation?

I just meant that in the novel description, Nero's mom was assumed to be a prostitute by Sanctus and in the context of the novel, Sanctus just assumed it was Vergil's kid when he handed him to him.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I just meant that in the novel description, Nero's mom was assumed to be a prostitute by Sanctus and in the context of the novel, Sanctus just assumed it was Vergil's kid when he handed him to him.

Sanctus never assumed Nero's mom was a prostitute everyone in Fortuna thought that for rather reasonable means.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
*sigh*

There's absolutely no need in this thread. This has been done countless times before in the DMC4 forum, and there is no absolute answer as Capcom had never confirmed whether or not he's Vergil's son. That being said, there are countless of clues that he is Vergil's son, and it is even stated and elaborated in the Deadly Fortune novel, which is partially canon, thus saying that Nero isn't Vergil's son is rather irrational and stupid.

However, as I've already mentioned, there is no official confirmation regarding this, so unless someone is able to get Capcom to answer this question, it will never be answered and we will forever be left in the shadow.

Seriously though, why hasn't anyone tried to contact the higher ups?

Top Bottom