• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So how many bought the reboot?

VergilNeroDante

Reason asking is since it's out today, on just how many from this site alone bought the game and your reason behind it and which didn't buy it and your reason behind it (NO FLAME WAR!!!........please)

Just asking

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Pre-order Bought it, picking up after work today, Bought it because after keeping up with eth changes, and then playing teh demo, I crossed the fence from civilized opposer to "...f*ckbeans, this looks fun!"

Sunaka Marién

I bought it, because... uh, well, I just want to play it because even though it's a reboot, it still is a Devil May Cry game, and nuDante has grown so much on me, I just have to play it. And I really liked the concept since I first saw it, so yeah, I'm really looking forward to it and the wait is killing meeeeeeee D:

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
Received mine through the post this morning (PS3), had to go to work however so had to wait to play it. Been playing it none-stop since I got home. It's fu*king awesome for a reboot. Liked the wig cinematic at the start hehe.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Is there any other reason for buying three copies o_o?

Gosh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who pre-ordered it three time (^.^); Why are you going to get the regular PS3 version plus SoS edition, though? Wouldn't the SoS be enough? :blink:

It would be, But I always get versions of my fave games for all consoles... (I don't know why)
TBH, it was Gamestops fault.
I had already pre-ordered the PS3 version and I had my eye on the SoSEdition for the 360, but when I got the money together to pre-order it, they had taken down that version. So I decided to go with SOSEd on PS3 and order the normal version on the 360... but i forgot about the PS3 version that I already ordered (if that makes sense :s)... so... THREE COPIES :p

Sunaka Marién

It would be, But I always get versions of my fave games for all consoles... (I don't know why)
TBH, it was Gamestops fault.
I had already pre-ordered the PS3 version and I had my eye on the SoSEdition for the 360, but when I got the money together to pre-order it, they had taken down that version. So I decided to go with SOSEd on PS3 and order the normal version on the 360... but i forgot about the PS3 version that I already ordered (if that makes sense :s)... so... THREE COPIES :p
Oh my! Couldn't you have just cancelled the order? Or did you already fully pay for it?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Oh my! Couldn't you have just cancelled the order? Or did you already fully pay for it?

I thought about cancelling it, but I was worried that I wouldn't get the game for release (any of the copies). So I kept all of them on order. I was really scared that the game wouldn't arrive today. It's not the first time that I've pre-ordered a game for release and It hasn't turned up.

Sunaka Marién

I thought about cancelling it, but I was worried that I wouldn't get the game for release (any of the copies). So I kept all of them on order. I was really scared that the game wouldn't arrive today. It's not the first time that I've pre-ordered a game for release and It hasn't turned up.
Ah, I see, you got it sent to your house. Well, that's understandable then :)

ji-high

Been enjoying it since my copy arrived yesterday.

Like: Awesome combat system - Creative level design - High Replay Value - Decent story - Dante's personality - Platforming(yes!)

Don't like: Weapon specific enemies!!! They should either give more moves to the secondary weapons or get rid of that system completely IMO.- Pretty boring boss fights...except the Hunter(i really wonder why they didn't use him more...) and Vergil.

I didn't have a problem with the ending and quite frankly to me they are just saying that there will be a sequel(i hope!) but even if i'm wrong i'm fine with it. Nothing to write an essay about but it's ok i guess.

A great game overall in my opinion. A solid 8/10 for me but i can see that turn into a 9 once i get Bloody Palace and Vergil's Downfall since the replay value will most likely go through the roof.

Well done Ninja Theory.

Nekodark

I have the PS3 version which was yesterday I got it and I will have the 360 version today after work since I pre-ordered the PS3 version in Gamestop but the store I normally get my games said they had it so I got my PS3 version there and changed the pre-order to the 360

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Won't be buying.

Reason:
1) broke
2) not convinced it's worth my money
3) didn't like where it was going 2+ years ago, still don't like where it's at now

Top Bottom