• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Since Dissidia Duodecim has been announced

aka958

Don't trust people
I thought we could talk about the first Dissidia: Final Fantasy. Your favorites characters, best moments, what you liked to do most in the game, your strategies, all that.

I would start then.

I was totally hyped about Dissidia: Final Fantasy. Wanted to buy it and looked at gameplay videos of the japanese version everyday. The day I got it and played it I thought it was incredible. That game is the only game I've gotten over 100+ hours gameplay time in a matter of a week.

Since I had alot of favorite characters from the FF series and couldn't choose which story to begin with, I hit the random button and got Onion Knight. I haven't even heard of him outside of Dissidia, but sure I mained him until I completed the full story and he was level 100. Then I wanted to try new characters and bought villain after villain to try their styles out.

I'm now expert with Onion Knight with a full set, bla bla bla, mega brags, etc.
But since I tried other characters as well, most whom I didn't like at first try. I hated Golbez, Exdeath's, Bartz, Tidus's and Jecht's styles at first but now I love them all. I even main Golbez and Exdeath.

What made me not play many characters before was because of the accessory slots. I had no extra on most, and finally decided to go for the frustrating Time Attack mode in the Arcade mode. Getting under 15 minutes was tedious at first until I learned how to use cheap strategies with Cloud to easily get just 7 minutes.

Anyways, I'm currently maining four characters:
Golbez
Onion Knight
Emperor
Warrior of Light

My favorite stages are: Lunar Subterra, The Rift, Dream's End, Chaos Shrine, and lastly The Dark World (FFIII).
The Omega versions of The Rift and The Dark World are awesome too.

My favorite soundtracks (to play while fighting):
Final Fantasy I: Town Theme (Seriously, I'm not kidding)
Final Fantasy II: Battle theme 2
Final Fantasy III: Battle theme 2
Final Fantasy IV: The battle against the four fiends
Final Fantasy V: The decisive battle/Battle at the big bridge
Final Fantasy VI: Decisive battle/Fierce battle
Final Fantasy VII: None, actually... <_<
Final Fantasy VIII: The man with the machine gun
Final Fantasy IX: All three.
Final Fantasy X: All three.
Final Fantasy XII: Both of them.

That's me. :D
Oh yeah, and me playing Golbez:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-IHn3S4i40
I made 1 mistake at the EX burst. I am disapointed at myself. ._.

Meg

While I'm not a big fan of the game I really like Cecil. I was kinda overwhelmed going into the game because I didn't know who most of the characters were. I tried a few and were like "meh", but then I landed on Cecil and finished the story with him. He's a cool character to. :3

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Cecil is my second main, my first is Kuja. My third is Golbez, then Garland, then Exdeath. I like the armored characters for some reason.

Terra and Kefka are also fun to use.

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;284123 said:
While I'm not a big fan of the game I really like Cecil. I was kinda overwhelmed going into the game because I didn't know who most of the characters were. I tried a few and were like "meh", but then I landed on Cecil and finished the story with him. He's a cool character to. :3

I would've been overwhelmed if I hadn't watched thousands of videos the last six months until it was released. Since I had just played a very few of them at that time. I hadn't even played Final Fantasy VII. >_<

Meg

aka958;284249 said:
I would've been overwhelmed if I hadn't watched thousands of videos the last six months until it was released. Since I had just played a very few of them at that time. I hadn't even played Final Fantasy VII. >_<

The fighting itself didn't overwhelm me at all actually. It was just the character selection. :wacko: I remember I started with Squall because I recognized him from Kingdom Hearts. It was hard to get into the game cause I didn't know/care about the characters, but since Lightning is gonna be in Dissidia 2 :wub:. And if I get bored with playing as her (doubt it :lol:) I can always use Cecil. ^_^

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;284272 said:
The fighting itself didn't overwhelm me at all actually. It was just the character selection. :wacko: I remember I started with Squall because I recognized him from Kingdom Hearts. It was hard to get into the game cause I didn't know/care about the characters, but since Lightning is gonna be in Dissidia 2 :wub:. And if I get bored with playing as he (doubt it :lol:) I can always use Cecil. ^_^

Uhh... That is what I meant. The fighting is not overwhelming at all, but the character list was even to me. I had not played FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFVII, FFIX and FFXII by the time it was released. I still haven't played FFV and FFXI either.

Lightning with Cecil as her partner in duodecim? Since you can have 1 party member that can do combos with you.

Meg

^ It sounded like you thought the fighting was overwhelming. My mistake.

OOO! Lightning and Cecil as partners. Problem solved! :lol: And if I switch to any other character Lightning can be their back up. :D

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;284348 said:
^ It sounded like you thought the fighting was overwhelming. My mistake.

OOO! Lightning and Cecil as partners. Problem solved! :lol: And if I switch to any other character Lightning can be their back up. :D

Altough I have some really awesome combinations in mind. Such as Zidane/Golbez, Golbez/Jecht, Exdeath/Tifa, Lightning/Tifa, Lightning/Bartz, Lightning/Squall, Vaan(if he gets in)/Bartz, and alot more. :cool:

Meg

Lightning and Squall sounds like it would work well. I think its safe to say Vaan will be in the game because it would be kinda silly to have someone from XIII and not XII.

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;284358 said:
Lightning and Squall sounds like it would work well. I think its safe to say Vaan will be in the game because it would be kinda silly to have someone from XIII and not XII.

They still have Gabranth from XII. :p

Ohh! I could take my two of three villain mains as a combo! Emperor/Golbez!

Emperors traps would be great combo starters for Golbez, then Emperor can charge Starfall while Golbez is pummeling the opponent. :cool:

Meg

^ Well excuse me for not knowing the ins and outs of a game I don't like. :p

Top Bottom