• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should they make more DMC anime ?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I would actually prefer an anime after 2 and before 5 (if they are going to make it)

Let's face it, They need something with a decent plot to bridge the gap between the two games, a plothole fixer of sorts.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
which time line ?
It depends on who the character is as well since im pretty sure Nero and Vergil might be better suited to the anime format.

If you were to do a Dante centered anime , I would avoid setting it in the post DMC1 era because capcom hasn't found a way to keep Dante interesting in that period with both the anime and 4's portrayal being criticized as being boring.

best bet is either to set the anime before DMC3 covering how Dante grew up and was trained or during the ten years between 3 and 1 were Dante is trying to figuring how to be how to follow in his father's footsteps and be a hero. Or you could do both by having flashback on Dante's life befor the games.

i could do longer explanations on my pitch for a nero anime or a vergil anime.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think that they should give it to a very different company with different artist and writers. The anime had no appeal to me and I blame both the artstyle and the writing.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think that they should give it to a very different company with different artist and writers. The anime had no appeal to me and I blame both the artstyle and the writing.
I was thinking Studio bones who did full metal alchemist, baccano and darker than black among other things.

With DMC you would want a company who is good at being left to their own devices and with DMC being so vague on it's lore and timeline etc, it might be best to get someone who can actually do good fillers rather than getting studio Pierrot, the guys who did Bleach and Naruto since they have crappy fillers.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yeas, but more on what we have from the anime POV. Just make it more fun the the first 12 episodes and give it a better story.

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
It depends on who the character is as well since im pretty sure Nero and Vergil might be better suited to the anime format.

If you were to do a Dante centered anime , I would avoid setting it in the post DMC1 era because capcom hasn't found a way to keep Dante interesting in that period with both the anime and 4's portrayal being criticized as being boring.

best bet is either to set the anime before DMC3 covering how Dante grew up and was trained or during the ten years between 3 and 1 were Dante is trying to figuring how to be how to follow in his father's footsteps and be a hero. Or you could do both by having flashback on Dante's life befor the games.

i could do longer explanations on my pitch for a nero anime or a vergil anime.
should they keep the old animation ?

Top Bottom