• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Shenmue III Confirmed

Will you support it?

• Yes.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I will pledge my life to this game.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Dark Drakan

Admin
Really hope this happens and it manages to be as ambitious as the first titles and warrant such a long wait, hope to hear more about it soon as the cash goal seems very low seem as though original cost in excess of $50 million.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I think the 2 million is acting as a threshold -- sort of like Bloodstained. If it goes as far as I think it will, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, you never know.

Besides, there were rumors floating around as far back as 2008 that Shenmue III was "mostly finished."

No one can say for sure at this point.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
i never even played shenmue and i want to support this
this is like finding out a legend is true

guess all have to get around to playing 1 and 2 during the wait

berto

I Saw the Devil
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

1.5 million in 6 hours.

Is this what's going to have to happen with DMC? Everyone of these games were projects the the copyright owners kept saying no one wanted. They made those saying they wanted them feel like they were the only ones who did and what happened? Never have I seen such shockingly successful undertakings as the last 3 video game project. Is this what's going to endup happening with DMC? Are we going to have to see a kickstarter to prove that we want the bloody game?

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
i never even played shenmue and i want to support this
this is like finding out a legend is true

guess all have to get around to playing 1 and 2 during the wait

They are showing their age a little now but when you consider the time they released its mindblowing how ahead of their time they were.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, it's great that they are doing so well but would it kill them to make one of the early goals ports of the original games for those of us that didn't play them?

berto

I Saw the Devil
1456583231-shenmue-iii-environment-screenshot-1.jpg

1456583231-shenmue-iii-environment-screenshot-2.jpg

1456583231-shenmue-iii-environment-screenshot-3.jpg

1456583231-shenmue-iii-environment-screenshot-4.jpg

Dark Drakan

Admin
Apart from the obvious lack of facial animations at the moment the environments are looking great & hope the character models are fleshed out soon so we can get a better idea of final product.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
final product
I'm wondering how they'll get those fighting animations into actual gameplay without using QTEs.

Some will be used (because Shenmue brought it back into style before RE4 and GoW), but I'm sensing they might use a similar system to Path of Neo where you hit a guy, and instead of taking damage, he does very specific blocking animation against your character.

It'll be of much better quality than PoN ever was though. I'm sure of it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Shenmue 3 is now an Epic Games Store Exclusive (at launch at least)

Below is a comment from Shenmue 3's Kickstarter page regarding the change to Epic Games Store exclusivity. It is worth noting here that a Steam version of Shenmue 3 was never promised on Kickstarter, the game's original backers were promised a "Windows PC" version of the game.

“We are happy to announce that Shenmue III for PC will be will be an Epic Games Store exclusive. Development for Shenmue III has been moving forward using Unreal Engine and the support we have received from Epic has been excellent.

But most importantly, in looking for the most enjoyable experience on PC, it was decided together with Deep Silver after much discussion that the Epic Games Store would be the best distribution platform option.”

Top Bottom