1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share and host your mods @ DmCMods.com!

Discussion in 'DmC: Devil May Cry Mods (Releases)' started by Steve Powell, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Steve Powell

Steve Powell Cheeky Wee McGregor Staff Member Administrator

Hi guys,

So, it looks like the DmC: Devil May Cry Modding forum is really starting to kick off. Awesome! The response has been really quite surprising, actually. In lieu of this sudden jump in activity, I went ahead and created a site just for modders to upload their work, and for fans to enjoy said-modders work:

DmCMods.com

Here's a quick list of how the site should hopefully help benefit modders and fans alike:
    • I'll be the one hosting the mods. For free. Not MediaFire, not FileFront, nor any of the others. This means that you won't have to worry about all your hard work suddenly vanishing because your allotted hosting time has expired.
    • Mods will be easier to find. They just will.
    • You can plonk a PayPal donation button on there, too, if you'd like, and perhaps make a couple of quid from certain charitable individuals whom are especially grateful for your efforts.
    That's pretty much all there is to it, really.

Also, I'll be giving out a few free Steam games to the most popular and/or active of mod authors whom are willing to contribute their work. I can't promise that they'll be the most recent of games, but they'll likely include a copy or two of the likes of: Far Cry 1 & 2, Assassin's Creed II, Super Meat Boy, Aliens Versus Predator, Section 8: Prejudice, Sanctum, Killing Floor, Terraria, Borderlands, Dawn of War: Platinum Edition, Dead Space 1& 2, Fallout: New Vegas, BioShock 1 & 2, Metro 2033, Mafia 2, The Witcher, and a few other less-known indie titles.

So, yeah. If you want to lend a hand and help let dmcmods.com flourish, do please consider submitting your mods over there using the not-half-bad Mod Submission tool I spent the last 48 hours coding. Oh yeah, and if you want to like us on Facebook. There are precisely zero ads on there, and I'm not making a penny from that place. I'm just looking to get a nice little collection of DmC mods started. :)

Cheers!

2. KonkorFour

KonkorFour DGxS

I created the guide for the website but I couldn't publish it, it's in the pending section under pages.

Steve Powell likes this.
  3. Steve Powell

Gotcha. No sweat, KF. I'll have a gander now and get it sorted for you. I'm not sure why it would label it as 'pending', but it's likely because I messed up the Editor privileges somewhere; I'll get on top of that as well.

4. KonkorFour

KonkorFour DGxS

Thanks. :)

It's late here now anyways but I'll be trying to make some more skins tomorrow and upload to the site, is there any other guides or anything you can think of?

5. TheNakedGun

TheNakedGun Well-Known Member

Hey steve, i just wanted to thank you for the wonderful site. I love it and i'm sure everyone does

Hello there guest. Please Register or Log in to view images!

Steve Powell likes this.
  6. Steve Powell

Thank you for your kind words, TNG! Really appreciate it! In truth, though, it's you guys that are doing the hard work in building the place up. If it were just me on there, for instance, there'd only be about 4 mods to choose from! Love that DMC3 Dante skin of yours, by the way! ;)

7. TheNakedGun

TheNakedGun Well-Known Member

Glad you liked it

8. Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi Well-Known Member

It's been said a ton of times already but the site is awesome. I really wish there was a site like that for DMC 3 and 4 as well. Very easy to use (laid out well), very easy to add new content, etc. Good job!

9. Cerioth

Cerioth Member