• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sengoku May Cry

IncarnatedDemon

How pathetic. Instead of making a Vergil game, they do this? Go FK yourself capcom.
What's next...Megaman using Dante's rebellion and E&I.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
How pathetic. Instead of making a Vergil game, they do this? Go FK yourself capcom.
What's next...Megaman using Dante's rebellion and E&I.

calm-down-bro_o_21245.jpg

1. This isn't the first time Sengoku Basara used assets from DMC such as Sengoku Basara having Sparda, (six) Alastor, and even Ebony & Ivory as unlockable weapons as well as plenty moves and combat styles taken straight from DMC.
2. If you played Sengoku Basara (which you don't so calm yourself) this DLC costume makes sense considering how alike Mitsunari and Vergil are especially in combat style (he has JUDGEMENT CUT AND DIMENSION SLASH as well as some other moves).
3. It could far worst they could've chosen DmC Vergil's outfit instead.
4. This is a honor. Using assets of DMC in a SB game shows the developers have interest in the DMC series (even if small) as well as some exposure to the SB fans to DMC (in Japan mainly) which is good considering that SB is far more popular than DMC in Japan. They could've chosen other options for a DLC costume for Mitsunari such as his Gakuen costume (like Ieyasu's DLC costume) which is more likely to attract buyers in Japan than Vergil does.
5. Capcom is more likely to make a DMC game with assets from MegaMan WAY before they even make a MegaMan game PERIOD.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I have no idea what you mean but this is a big deal for SB fans (not the DLC). You really shouldn't sh*t on Capcom for supporting another one of their IPs (they do have other IPs not named Devil May Cry you know) for a fanbase they have yet to f*ck over because they're not giving what YOU want (right this minute). This is no different than Ryu and Akuma making an appearance in Asura's Wrath as DLC and you don't see Street Fighters getting p*ssed at them not putting them in a hypothetical Street Fighter 5 (they didn't even get p*ssed with Ultra....shocking).

Ironic is that Asura's Wrath only got one game and probably won't get a sequel and yet Capcom considers it one of their most prized IPs.

Also, I made a thread about this a week ago pay attention DJRunza.

IncarnatedDemon

Since it's a tradition among SB fans, i find it reasonable. And that's what Sam meme was for :p
I went from not knowing to knowing.

I wouldn't be angry if it was first time,but it would be a pretty low move by capcom. Hence why when i thought it was first time in a SB game i responded the way i did.
As they should stop with stuff like that and focus on a dmc5 or making a dmc game great.

But again...SB tradition...fine by me.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Since it's a tradition among SB fans, i find it reasonable. And that's what Sam meme was for :p
I went from not knowing to knowing.

I wouldn't be angry if it was first time,but it would be a pretty low move by capcom. Hence why when i thought it was first time in a SB game i responded the way i did.
As they should stop with stuff like that and focus on a dmc5 or making a dmc game great.

But again...SB tradition...fine by me.

Well it's not like they have to stop making SB games just to make DMC5 though.

IncarnatedDemon

No, but its kinda taunting if this was first time they had a dlc for SB that featured dmc3 vergil costume.

It would be nice for people who are fan of both SB and dmc, but strictly dmc fans shouldn't interpret it as "Wow they gave us a dlc on a game i havent played! capcom is good!".
More like "...How about making dmc5?"

At least thats how i interpreted this to begin with.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Ironic SB seems to be more profitable than DMC at the moment due to how the SB fanbase isn't as divided or divided at all (I heard fans say they won't buy DMC5 if they don't get DmC2 or won't buy DMC5 in general). Capcom gives the SB fanbase (well the Japanese ones that is) what they want and are happy with how the series is and with SB rising popularity in the west due to having a far superior anime than the DMC anime it could sell well in the west. It easily sells double the amount DMC does in Japan and has far more merchandizing and fanservice stuff (a play, multiple musicals, live performances with T.M. Revolution, T.M. Revolution's support, character popularity polls, multiple mangas and I mean a lot of mangas, a lot of novels, a lot of Drama CDs, and much much more). CAPCOM profits off SB merchandizing alone. They do have a lot of stuff like that for DMC (maybe not live action movies/plays and musicals) but they rarely ever come outside Japan (we only get the mangas and novels and sh*t while some lucky 25 year old Japanese man is drinking out of a Sparda coffee mug and is getting his 15 year old Japanese school girl daughter ready for school with her Dante and Nero book bag and Kyrie amulet as we speak) and they rarely sell in Japan. Ironic DmC have some merchandizing (pillow cases, the soundtrack, and more) that doesn't leave Japan while only the west gets an E&I key chains.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It looks like a good game.

People compare it to Dynasty Warriors but I played it and control and combat wise its not the same thing.

The only thing that is similar is the fact you're beating up legions of dudes.

It plays more like DMC (or DmC since it lacks lock-on, but its not necessary in a game like this, and has an emphasis on crowd control) but with sh*t tons of dudes on screen.

Unlike Dynasty Warriors (or the Koei's Warriors games in general) Capcom updates, alters, improves, and reinvent the combat system in each game or at the very least add new mechanics that makes each sequel play slightly different.

Outside being a bit too easy (but a bit hard and challenging on Hard mode and I heard it had a Must Die mode too) its biggest flaw is that it suffers from Capcom Sequel Stagnation Syndrome.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CapcomSequelStagnation
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CapcomSequelStagnation

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Ironic SB seems to be more profitable than DMC at the moment due to how the SB fanbase isn't as divided or divided at all (I heard fans say they won't buy DMC5 if they don't get DmC2 or won't buy DMC5 in general). Capcom gives the SB fanbase (well the Japanese ones that is) what they want and are happy with how the series is and with SB rising popularity in the west due to having a far superior anime than the DMC anime it could sell well in the west. It easily sells double the amount DMC does in Japan and has far more merchandizing and fanservice stuff (a play, multiple musicals, live performances with T.M. Revolution, T.M. Revolution's support, character popularity polls, multiple mangas and I mean a lot of mangas, a lot of novels, a lot of Drama CDs, and much much more). CAPCOM profits off SB merchandizing alone. They do have a lot of stuff like that for DMC (maybe not live action movies/plays and musicals) but they rarely ever come outside Japan (we only get the mangas and novels and sh*t while some lucky 25 year old Japanese man is drinking out of a Sparda coffee mug and is getting his 15 year old Japanese school girl daughter ready for school with her Dante and Nero book bag and Kyrie amulet as we speak) and they rarely sell in Japan. Ironic DmC have some merchandizing (pillow cases, the soundtrack, and more) that doesn't leave Japan while only the west gets an E&I key chains.
Yeah I noticed how big Sengoku basara really is. Mostly when it comes to its fanbase. I was shocked to find out that most of it was actually female fans ready to make yaoi fanfiction and sweat at the very mention of Masamune.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah I noticed how big Sengoku basara really is. Mostly when it comes to its fanbase. I was shocked to find out that most of it was actually female fans ready to make yaoi fanfiction and sweat at the very mention of Masamune.

Even Kobayashi was pretty shocked when he saw that too. Ironic that Masamune isn't all that big of a deal in the games (even if he is the poster-boy character) considering he doesn't accomplish anything big. The major villains in Sengoku Basara are usually slayed by somebody else (Nobunaga was slayed by his own servant Akechi/Tenkai and in one ending of SB2 Heroes his sister Oichi and Toyotomi was slayed by Ieyasu in the beginning of SB3, not sure about Matsunaga but I do know he blew himself up) and he got his a$$ handed to him, shamed, and humiliated by Mitsunari in SB3. He technically wasn't even the main character in SB3. Since he is getting his spotlight back from Ieyasu in SB4 and is shown confronting the main villain of that game so he might finally get to do something worthwhile and prove himself as a main character.

He gets load of hype in the anime though for some reason (winning fights he normally shouldn't win, Masamune vs Toyotomi was a load of bullsh*t) and a lot of fanservice (I mean he'll get his a$$ kicked so hard that girls can fangasm over any show casing of exposed flesh).

Top Bottom