• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Seduced by evil

Viper

Premium
Before we begin: 1. If conversation looks like you are just running around in circles - agree to disagree before it becomes really heated or at least move it somewhere where it won't get topic locked.
2. Actually contribute to discussion. Do not come here just to bitch and moan about anything or anyone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From time to time I like to read DMC3 manga to see if I missed any details. I have noticed for some time the discrepancy between what a demon told Mundus and what really happened. To be more precise, demon that was sent to kill Eva and the twins said to Mundus that he killed them all as Mundus ordered, when we know for certain that only Eva was killed. One can say that the demon thought he killed the boys as well, but demons are shown to be able to sniff out Sparda bloodline, not to mention it would have been obvious that Vergil walked off the graveyard after killing all the demons after him, while Dante was never found hiding under... wherever he was hiding.

So was it the start of some secret rebellion against Mundus?

It is obvious twins are needed for Temen-ni-gru, but the only thing that makes Temen-ni-gru special compared to other gates is that on the other side it leads to Force Edge, aka Sparda when combined with amulets.
Mundus doesn't want Sparda sword, he is quite powerful even without it, and he wouldn't be asking for death of twins if he did, as Sparda bloodline unlocks the seal to the area with the sword. Only a demon that wants to be more powerful would want the sword, but a demon with power of Sparda would be a threat to Mundus (actual threat or at least perceived a such, cause it is a traitor move).

Shortly after Eva's death, a book considered lost finds itself in Arkham's hands. Upon reading it, he receives terrible scarring, but considers it a blessing. Arkham says himself he is seduced by evil. Observing the pattern in behavior of Arkham and Rabby, I notice similarities, Rabby is pretty much Arkham in another body.

Is Arkham perhaps possessed? Is it a symbiosis between him and a demon, Arkham allows demon to enter human world, in exchange demon gives Arkham powers? Could that demon be the same one that lied about twins dying?

When Elena Huston got possessed, the demon entered her body and from that day on they shared appearance and powers. Unlike Arkham, Elena was not lost to evil, she was soon burdened by her guilty conscience. And that allowed for her to be saved, when Dante managed to lure the demon out of her long enough to kill it. That also proves that demons that possess can leave their host for short time. In that state it would be logical for them to be able to possess something else, like for example... a doll.

So... could it all have been a chain of events started by a demon that wanted to rebel against Mundus?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
So... could it all have been a chain of events started by a demon that wanted to rebel against Mundus?

Yes, someone had left that evil book behind.Since the family was attacked by demons, only them could have left that grimoire .
So, yes, one of those devils had something up his sleeve.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Some guy a while back theorized that Arkham was possessed by Jester, meaning Jester was his own separate entity.

I know Jester said, "I went so far as to dress up like a complete idiot," but... this might've been the demon possessing Arkham taking the shape of a Jester form, and not necessarily Arkham himself.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't have the manga in front of me but there is a page where Arkham is talking while looking out the window and if you look at his shadow it is the mad hatter who attacked Dante in vol. 1.

edit:
also, don't forget that while we always assumed that Arkham married a woman who was a descendant of the priestess Sparda sacrificed but the truth is Arkham was the descendant, not his wife, so maybe he has access ancient texts that belonged to her or those near her.

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
I don't have the manga in front of me but there is a page where Arkham is talking while looking out the window and if you look at his shadow it is the mad hatter who attacked Dante in vol. 1.
Found it, you're right. I never even noticed it. No wonder Vergil interacts so relatively calmly with Rabby and Mad Hatter, they are all the demons closely connected to Arkham and he probably feels it (or knows in some other way).
pg66_67.jpg

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I must've missed that. It would've explained a lot if they had explicitly said "Arkham is possessed."

Then again, I'm not one for subtlety, so...

Top Bottom