• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sci-fi

aoshi

3vl4x8.jpg
3vl4xi.jpg

3vl4xt.jpg

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm a fan, but only of the mystical "Star Wars-esque" type. I need swords in everything. No, I don't like those Klingon weapons, leave me alone.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I found it pretty difficult trying to write a story in the Star Trek universe... The story is still in my head, but I'm scared that most of the things won't be 'plausible' and ripped to shreds be Star Trek fans.
You know i find it rather embarrassing when my grandfather is a fan of that series its that old i don't even know if the original concept can be preserved for that long.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
SPAYSH.

THE FAINUL FRONTEYA. THESH AH THE VOYAGESH OF THE STAHSHIP ENTAHPRISH. IT'S CONTINUING MISHUN, TO EXPLOAH STRANGE NEW WULDS. TO SHEEK OUT NEW LIFE, AND NEW SHIVILIZASHUNS.

TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO ONE HASH GONE BEFORE.

Patrick Stewart does a really good impression of Sean Connery, imho.

Skip to 3:10

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
IDK this generation doesn't exactly like watching 30 minutes of doing nothing but talking and more talking.
You've seen Jersey Shore, right?

It doesn't have to be "smart" conversation, after all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:
Original :shifty:
I would say that my own story is original, but it rips off so much from DMC3 and Persona 4 I might as well call it PMC5.

Get it? Because the numbers go in that order (3, 4, and 5).

DanteStyle

但丁是我的
I would say that my own story is original, but it rips off so much from DMC3 and Persona 4 I might as well call it PMC5.

Get it? Because the numbers go in that order (3, 4, and 5).

^I had to quote this XDDDDDDDDDD

Okay I'm going to take a little bit of a different approach here.
Tell me what is your favourite sci-fi movie/series/book and what you liked about it best.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Tell me what is your favourite sci-fi movie/series/book and what you liked about it best.
Uh... I dunno, actually. I'm reading a bunch of "free books" on my nook (I can't buy any in this country).

So... I'll just go as far as to say Persona 3 and 4 are kind of like interactive books.

I liked "The Wizards First Rule" from the "Sword of Truth" series by Terry Goodkind. That was the last "real" fantasy novel I've read.

But I also want gauntlets, greaves, and doppelgangers (Persona series, Vergil's Downfall).

OMG. I'M RIPPING OFF OF BLEACH. :O

Also, some human drama would be nice, too (Shenmue, Yakuza, Persona again).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

Actually, Virtua Quest has a lot of what I'm looking for when it comes to "features" in my story (dot Hack, Matrix etc.)

The problem is, that game is so bad people might actually avoid my book to not be associated with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

Wait. I just remembered my favorite ebook.

It's called "The Kensei".

It's about a vampire who travels to Japan and has to take down a head vampire and they fight each other with katanas. Good, chop-sockey action.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.

I know it isnt any of the stated but its Warhammer 40K its a tabletop game that became very popular and spawned Video maes(space hulk, Dawn of war) movies(ultramarines) books( Eisenhorn, Gaunts Ghost), the things that made it popular were its grimdark setting and the grand scale of it. Here how it looks:

And well Mass Effect havent got the chance to read many sci-fi themed works...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
you've got a point there if people can watch something that far degrading on TV then chances are Star trek TV show might be actually successful again.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... sorry... fell asleep there...

Sent it to you in a PM... some people won't understand ;):troll:

Top Bottom