1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scalebound

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Innsmouth, Jun 12, 2014.

1. WolfOD64

WolfOD64 That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud

I would pay actual money to see DmC Dante put into Final Fantasy. Imagine how much a coarse and organic specimen like him would stand out against the mopey cast of an FF game.

It'd be the best.

Hello there guest. Please Register or Log in to view images!

Z218 likes this.
  2. Innsmouth

Innsmouth Sleeping DMC Fan Contributor

Only part where nDante fits into FF is its endless list of failed comic reliefs

Foxtrot94 likes this.
  3. WolfOD64

You mean like Snow? Who is literally DMC3 Dante, but voiced by Troy Baker, and even less tolerable?

4. Innsmouth

Like Cait Sith, Selphie, Quina and other suppose to be "smart comedian" while being sad sight most of the time.

5. Z218

Z218 the man with doubts

That's the next Capcom crossover

Off topic, there is this Jak and Daxter crossover with Kingdom Hearts that has that.

It's called Taking orders from Nobody and if your a fan of either franchise, you should check it out.

On topic IGN has coverage for scalebound.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  6. WolfOD64

Call me crazy, but I never thought either Dante was ever made with the intention of being a "smart comedian."

Khundy likes this.
  7. Innsmouth

ok :)

8. Reigndown

Reigndown Find another one!

I've never heard of this game until now? Mixed feelings on my side.
    I came across this amusing picture on tumblr though-

9. Chancey289

Chancey289 Fake Geek Girl.

It's like How To Train Your Dragon only without the charm, sh!tty dubstep, and a guy trying way too hard to be cool.

Gameplay looks alright, but everything else totally insufferable.

Khundy likes this.
  10. BLACKSWIPE

BLACKSWIPE "Waiting for one's arrival."

It's not THAT bad. It could be Devil May Cry 4 levels of Dante.

http://www.windowscentral.com/scalebound-xbox-one-gamescom-preview?utm_source=wpc&
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/05/scalebound-isnt-the-game-you-think-it-is

Some more info on Scalebound for those of you who don't want to read through the entire article:

(Scalebound concept art of Draconis.)

-The main character is named Drew, his dragon companion Thuban.
    -Drew is from a modern day Earth, which explains his appearance.
    -Drew is 20 years old.
    -The game takes place on a world called Draconis, tied to a magical force known as the Pulse.
    -The Pulse is what gives Drew his powers and his scaly arm.
    -Drew is bound to Thuban, and the two will not always get along.
    -Drew and Thuban team up to save Draconis from an evil empire.
    -Thuban is the last dragon of his kind.

(Scalebound concept art of Thuban,)

-Drew isn't always able to handle certain threats, which is where Thuban comes along.
    -You can command Thuban though what he actually does is up to him.
    -Thuban has a mind of his own and may or may not actually listen to you.
    -As the game goes on, Thuban is more inclined to help Drew, should he do something like- fall and hang off the edge of a cliff or help him reach high up places.
    -Drew's dragon arm can heal Thuban, and it changes different colors to display Thuban's health.
    -In time you will be able to ride Thuban.
    -Thuban can be incapacitated if not healed.
    -Drew's dragon arm can scan enemies to look for weak points.
    -Drew's dragon arm also acts as a grappling tool, and can be used to grapple onto different enemies.
    -Scalebound has mechanics similar to that of Dragon'd Dogma, with drew being able to grapple onto much larger enemies and attack them. Drew in a demo grappled onto a giant mantis and ripped off one of its claws.

-Drew's dragon arm can absorb destroyed body parts, which dissolve and turn into energy.
    -With enough energy Drew can transform into a Dragon Lord, and go toe-to-toe with even the largest beasts. However this boost only lasts for a certain amount of time. This is quite similar to Dante's Devil Trigger.

-Scalebound is very much an open-world RPG.
    -Players can explore NPC cities.
    -Drew landed on Thuban in an NPC city with humanoids garbed in tribal clothing.
    -Players have access to an inventory.
    -Players can be rewarded with loot.
    -Non-linear exploration.
    -There's some sort of a weapon-durability mechanic.
    -Drew has access to a wide-assortment of weaponry. Drew was shown wielding a massive sword that puts the buster sword to shame, and a massive spear.
    -The world has a form of currency. When enemies die they dissipate into orbs, which are used as the game's currency. You can use these orbs to upgrade Drew and Thuban, and invest them in whatever stat you wish.
    -There is an in-game economy.

-Thuban is heavily customizable.
    -You can swap out his default model and customize his skin.
    -Thuban can wear armor and go on the offensive, though this is at the cost of his speed.
    -Armor is modular, which means that Thuban doesn't have to be absolutely covered in armor.
    -Thuban's breath can be customized. In a demo Thuban was shown to be able to breath ice.

A video of extended eight minute gameplay.

(Also the Prodigy was noted to have something to do with the music.)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2015
    aoshi, Reigndown, Z218 and 2 others like this.
  11. Director Bison

Director Bison King of Games Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter

Drew is kind of a bland name
    but if he's from modern day earth i guess it fits

12. berto

berto I Saw the Devil Staff Member

13. BLACKSWIPE

Whoops, my bad. Didn't know that it was against the rules.

14. Ronin

Ronin Let's rock, baby!

Could "Drew" have been traveled back in time or something?

Will there be more characters showing? A love interest? Some allies? A rival? Anything?

15. berto

berto I Saw the Devil Staff Member

Drew could be a call back to Dante's original voice actor... Ummm... Not likely, though.

16. Foxtrot94

Foxtrot94 Elite Hunter Gold Supporter

Interesting. Keeping my eyes open waiting for it to sell bad, Platinum style (kidding, kidding... maybe), and then come out on PC, Microsoft style.

Couple of considerations:

1 - So he's got a... Dragon Trigger?

2 - Dat Red Orbs...

3 - Dat framerate. Well, at least it's an early build, they got time to fix it.

Malik Robinson and Khundy like this.
  17. Dark Drakan

Dark Drakan Dark Lord Of The Forums Staff Member Administrator

As someone who owns a gaming PC & an XB1 im quite liking that lots of PC games are coming to XB1 & Vice Versa and having the choice of which platform to opt for (normally based on multiplayer aspects). As I have far more friends who play online on Live than on PC, some games I shall purchase twice (one on PC and one on XB1), such as some of the early access titles as you get discounts on some. I am likely to purchase games like DayZ/Ark and such on both platforms so I can play with my Xbox & PC friends, some games have also promised cross play which helps too. Im always happy when more gamers get the chance to play a particular franchise than those that close themselves off to one select group, the more people who can talk about games the better.

18. Innsmouth

So it's basically mix between FFXII and Drakengard. Well, I probably would have preferred if it was HnS, but than again, It adds a lot to Xbox bland exclusives library, so i think it's a good thing

19. Dark Drakan

Dark Drakan Dark Lord Of The Forums Staff Member Administrator

At the moment the Xbox One is being more known for its 3rd person titles than its 1st person and Phil has said he is working hard to try and vary the genres appearing on the XB1.

Phil Spencer admits X1 needs more diverse genres..Too many 3rd Person titles.

He also said that paying for 3rd party exclusives isnt a long term goal and something you wont see much more of as they concentrate on 1st party exclusives. Also stated that 3rd party developers arent choosing to develop for Sony, Sony are buying them.

Sony is not “gobbling up third-party exclusives, it’s buying them

I personally dont think either the PS4 or XB1 have had great exclusives as of yet but the PS4 did come out the gates faster on this front. There are more games than ever going multi-platform sheerly because they cant afford to become exclusive to one console & far more timed exclusive deals than ive seen in a long time (No Mans Sky, Tomb Raider being 2 recent examples). If I was purchasing a console based solely around the exclusives they offered I think I would be disappointed in both PS4 & XB1 currently. Hence why I built a PC to go along with my XB1 & then hopefully by end of the year I will have PS4 too so I have every major platform. However the future looks great for both platforms on the games front and which has the best exclusives in the end will all be down to personal preference over everything else & im more interested in games offered by XB1 & PC than PS4 currently. Each platform tries to offer its fans what they are asking for to please them, people will always have a preference but doesnt mean the other platforms games are bland. They simply dont appeal to a particular person based on their own preference.

20. BLACKSWIPE

My guess on the plot is that the Pulse summoned Drew to Draconis and partnered him up with Thuban, so tha
    I'm really glad that Phill Spincer is now running the show. I can't imagine what things would have been like if that other guy was allowed to run around.

Dark Drakan likes this.