• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Say It From The Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay, I've been in love with the Devil May Cry game series for several years now. I started playing Devil May Cry back in 2003, when my friend told me about it. Having found out Devil May Cry 2 had already been released, I looked into it. On that note I was sadly killed in my tracks on how dull I found the game.

Now, due to my observations, if I'm not mistaken on this. Devil May Cry 2 was released a year after Devil May Cry 1. If that isn't correct, please correct me. Still, it was made not so long after Devil May Cry 1, shall we say? To avoid confusion, and make myself sound clearer.

From this observation I found this, rather truthful and underlined fact.

Any decent, classic, original game... Will be killed by a sequel... IF... That sequel is made soon after the original. However, in order to save the sequels almost inevitable death, release it several years later.

If what I am saying is not getting through yet, then let me explain. We recently had Devil May Cry 4, in 2008. It's only 2009 now, coming onto 2010 in a few months. It's still a while until 2010, and so many are wondering 'Hey, haven't heard anything of Devil May Cry 5 yet'.

I ask you this one simple question. I bet any of you here would wish that instead of Capcom rushing this game, shoving it right out in the open, screaming at all fans to say "Here we go, lap it up". You would much rather wait patiently for them to make the game, whether it takes until 2011/2012. And why may I say this? Because the longer the wait, the harder they have worked. They must be preparing this thing like it's the second coming of Christ. And that is because they have so much loyalty to their fans, in aiming to please us all.

We know what we all want from Devil May Cry 5, in some way; we all have our hopes. Capcom is trying to make the most of the gaming series, and not let it fail by rushing 5 (As they did with 2)

So my main point in all is this > For all of those who are saying "Come on, hurry up and make the game already"... You all know that the real truth is, they will please us fans, because they are doing the right thing and being patient.

Any rushed game is a game of fail in my opinion. Look through history, and you will see that any piece of art, be it a painting or piece of written work, would never do as well if time wasn't taken on it.

So from the bottom of my heart, I urge we all be patient in waiting. And instead of complaining, think of theories, go kill some time on Devil May Cry 4; or any other game you own. Read a book, or write one. But don't sit around complaining about a release date.

~LoD

Tramendium

They will not delaying dmc 5 till 2012 might be 2011 but not 12 for some reasons and i don't need to explain to anybody who doesn't want to listen in the end. Besides i get your point but if the word of dmc5 was given even at E32007 why you think Capcom needs to rush it they just might wait little late to improve it not to mention that if dmc5 was mentioned in 2007 that might mean that game was starting to develop shortly after final stages of dmc4. You don't possibly believe the words Capcom give you. Some of games as well technology is already been designed for 10 or more years to be released in the future. In any case i appreciate the comment for it though you won't get disappointed. The end of this year is one of events that IMO will allow that teaser trailer with release date of the game. The next year is in economists chat one of the most important one in the whole game industry as well any industry regarded, not to mention appearance of DX11 and next gen system.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
LordOfDarkness;182727 said:
Okay, I've been in love with the Devil May Cry game series for several years now. I started playing Devil May Cry back in 2003, when my friend told me about it. Having found out Devil May Cry 2 had already been released, I looked into it. On that note I was sadly killed in my tracks on how dull I found the game.

Now, due to my observations, if I'm not mistaken on this. Devil May Cry 2 was released a year after Devil May Cry 1. If that isn't correct, please correct me. Still, it was made not so long after Devil May Cry 1, shall we say? To avoid confusion, and make myself sound clearer.

From this observation I found this, rather truthful and underlined fact.

Any decent, classic, original game... Will be killed by a sequel... IF... That sequel is made soon after the original. However, in order to save the sequels almost inevitable death, release it several years later.

If what I am saying is not getting through yet, then let me explain. We recently had Devil May Cry 4, in 2008. It's only 2009 now, coming onto 2010 in a few months. It's still a while until 2010, and so many are wondering 'Hey, haven't heard anything of Devil May Cry 5 yet'.

I ask you this one simple question. I bet any of you here would wish that instead of Capcom rushing this game, shoving it right out in the open, screaming at all fans to say "Here we go, lap it up". You would much rather wait patiently for them to make the game, whether it takes until 2011/2012. And why may I say this? Because the longer the wait, the harder they have worked. They must be preparing this thing like it's the second coming of Christ. And that is because they have so much loyalty to their fans, in aiming to please us all.

We know what we all want from Devil May Cry 5, in some way; we all have our hopes. Capcom is trying to make the most of the gaming series, and not let it fail by rushing 5 (As they did with 2)

So my main point in all is this > For all of those who are saying "Come on, hurry up and make the game already"... You all know that the real truth is, they will please us fans, because they are doing the right thing and being patient.

Any rushed game is a game of fail in my opinion. Look through history, and you will see that any piece of art, be it a painting or piece of written work, would never do as well if time wasn't taken on it.

So from the bottom of my heart, I urge we all be patient in waiting. And instead of complaining, think of theories, go kill some time on Devil May Cry 4; or any other game you own. Read a book, or write one. But don't sit around complaining about a release date.

~LoD

it is these words of wisdom that we shall miss most....u make a very knowledgeable argument there my friend..but...for the rushed sequels being crappy...u are right...but some future ones may still be very good...L4D2...lol...jk...but seriously..i can see how some sequels suck balls...while others are fairly decent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom